BloggerHood

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The SECRET To You. . . . .

I am currently reading this book called, 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne.  The 1st time I heard of this 'SECRET' was a couple of years ago when it 1st came out.  I was sitting in my living room 4 my usual 4 o'clock session with Oprah.  Lol.  And lo & behold. . . .it was the topic 4 the show.  She had Rhonda Byrne on there as well as many of the living philosophers in the book.  It was AMAZING & one of those things that got me so EXCITED, yet curious 4 what it was all about.  I remember clearly, Oprah repeating herself & saying that she never knew that the 'Secret' was a secret @ all.  All the principles taught in it was something she always lived her life by.  It never occurred 2 her that it wasn't known by all.

Well, obviously I didn't act on my EXCITEMENT 2 run out & buy this book/dvd or even get the audio cause here I am. . . .How many years later??  Blogging about how EXCITED I am 2 be finally reading it.  Lol.  

I was with one of my GREAT friends, Kassie, the other night.  We were @ our South Jordan Rec Center waiting out in the hallway 4 our Zumba class 2 start & she started 2 ask me if I've read, 'The Alchemist.'  I told her no & asked what kind of book it was & what was it about.  She proceeded 2 ask me if I've read, 'The Secret.'  I told her NO, again, but that I've always wanted 2 read it.  Well, she has read, 'The Secret' & said that it is wayyy GOOD.  I felt so ENRICHED & just plain GREAT after our Zumba class that when I got home, my husband & I headed 2 Barnes & Noble & picked up this AWESOME, LIFE-CHANGING book.  We also got the audio so I can listen 2 it in the car as well as on my ipod while I'm running so I can be totally CONSUMED with the wonderful PRINCIPLES being shared in it.  :D  

I'm happy 2 say that I've decided 2 read it one time through so I can start 2 take it all in.  And then when I'm done, re-read it immediately, but take notes & study it more.  One of the principles shared in this book that I read yesterday & re-read 2day is this:  'Make it a daily habit 2 determine every event in your life in advance, through your thoughts.  Set the Universal forces ahead of you in everything you do & everywhere you go, by thinking the way you want it to go in advance.  Then you are creating your life intentionally.'  I know I know. . . .Good stuff, right?  

I'm so excited about this book & how it's going 2 change my life that I HAD 2 share it with all of you!!  Taking BACK control of your life is the 1st step 2wards TRUE HAPPINESS!!  I honestly believe that.  D:


2 comments:

Kassie said...

You go Momma, take those reigns and do what you need to do. I'm glad you love the book, I should be done with the Alchemist by the time I get to Vegas. With all these new opportunities approaching it's nice to have some positive guidance and not be side-tracked from the MINOR things that don't matter! As things get better, that evil being will just try harder and harder to pull us down and so staying positive is the true test! Thanks for your genuine friendship and being a great example to bothe Ray and me. Love you tons

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . .you're too nice!! You keep recommending all these WONDERFUL books 2 me & I love 'em all!! :D They truly help me 2 stay on track & focus on the things that matter MOST in life. Where have you been all my life anyway?? Hahahaha!! Now we just need 2 get The Alchemist on audio so we can sync that 2 our ipods too!! Lol. Love your face!!