BloggerHood

Thursday, March 5, 2009

IT WAS A HECTIC DAY!!

So Polu Marie's 1st day of gymnastics was yesterday & it was definitely a SUCCESS!!  :D  She loved every single minute of her 1 hr session!!  It was such a JOY 2 watch her having so much fun.  Comments 4rom her teacher(s), there's 4 of them, were that she did so great 4 her 1st time.  I was working out during her class, but the Rec center's set up in a way where I can see her the whole time.  So it was quite a scene 2 watch her.  Out of all our kids, she's my most fearless one.  She gets told by her uncles all the time that she's the STRONGEST girl everr & you'd be amazed @ how serious she takes their encouragements.  LOL!!  So everytime they were done doing hand-stands & cartwheels & so forth, they have 2 go stand @ the end of the line.  This little 5 yr old would go stand where ever it was that she wanted 2.  Whether it was back 2 the front of the line or in the middle of the line.  She didn't quite grasp the concept of going to the end of the line.  The older girls were getting a little annoyed by her.  They kept telling her 2 go to the end of the line & she would tell them no, that she can stand where ever she wants.  And then the staring competition would start between them & her.  Hahahaha  It was hilarious, but I decided it was time 4 some parental intervention.  So I finally walked over & told her that she needed 2 go 2 the end of the line after each exercise they went through.  LOL!!  

There's only one other 5 yr old in the class w/Polu.  All the other kids are a lot older.  I'm glad that she's the one in this class.  If it were one of my other girls, they would've been intimidated right away.  I so wish my camera wasn't on 'BROKEN' status so that I could take pictures of her, but I'll be sure 2 take it in 2 Inkleys 2day 2 see if there's any hope of it getting repaired.  

After all was said & done w/Polu's gymnastics class, we were scheduled 2 head over 2 Aaliyah & Lote's parent teacher conferences.  Aaliyah's was 1st.  Her grades were EXCELLENT, but there's always room 4 improvement.  She made the HONOR ROLL 4 the 2nd time this year & we are so PROUD of her.  Her strengths definitely lie in READING & SPELLING.  She is @ a 'P' in her reading level.  They have an A-Z system that's used & by the end of the year she's supposed 2 be @ a 'N'  So we were EXTREMELY pleased with her hard work & effort that she's put into her schooling.  She's exceeded the 2nd grade reading level already.  Her areas that can use improvements are in FLUENCY & MATH.  Fluency is reading w/expression.  So when there's a question mark @ the end, then she needs to say it like a question instead of making it sound like there's just a period @ the end.  LOL!!  

Lote's grades were EXCELLENT as well.  She also made the HONOR ROLL 4 her 1st time this year.  :D  Her strengths are in READING & PROBLEM SOLVING.  Both her teacher & us, her parents, were very pleased with Lote 4 all her hard work.  We were a little surprised @ how well Lote's grasping onto learning how 2 PROBLEM SOLVE.  She is the only in her class 2 be @ 100% in this subject.  It's GREAT!!  Her room 4 improvements are in HANDWRITING & SUBTRACTION.  We took Aaliyah & Lote out to one of our family faves last night:  APPLEBEES.  :D  We were able 2 go over all their accomplishments thus far & set some goals with them in order 4 them 2 continue 2 improve themselves.  They will start 2night by adding 10 min 2 each of their areas of improvements on top of their 20 min of reading a night.  It's a bit of a hefty goal 4 them since they're also starting their separate extracurricular activities 2night, but I'm confident that if we work 2gether as a family, that it will get done successfully.  And all this on top of their individual chores here @ home.  LOL!!  So I'm very PROUD of them & we'll keep working 2wards reaching 4 the STARS cause the SKY'S the LIMIT!!  And that's what we want them shooting 4!!  :D

So all in all, it was a HECTIC DAY yesterday.  But 2day will be even more HECTIC since we're still unpacking, but it's always worth it 2 be as PRODUCTIVE as can be.  I'll do my best 2 keep you all updated as well as get my camera fixed cause it's killing me that I can't capture them on camera.  LOL!!  It'll either be fixed 2day or it'll be a BRAND NEW ONE.  That's the ultimatum I've given my husband.  And he better be taking me seriously!!  Hahahahaha  I guess we'll soon find out.

1 comment:

Kassie said...

What a busy day! You and Hoko are great parents, and like I've said before, your kids are so polite and sweet.. well Sila can be a little monster! haha.

I was laughing so hard at the staring contest between the girls. I can just see their faces. Don't over do it lady, I know you wanna be Superwoman and all.. JK. You ARE Superwoman.