BloggerHood

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hard Work

Mosiah 3:7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.

I don't think there was a man that walked this earth who worked harder for the salvation of man than the Savior himself.  He gave his life to bring to pass the immortality of man.  I feel indebted to Him for all that He's done for me and yet, I know that I will never be able to repay Him so I choose to live my life in a way that helps me strengthen my relationship with Him.  I want to know Him so that I will know how to become like Him.

As a wife and mother to an amazing husband and some beautifully talented kids, there is no work here on earth that I've encountered that challenges me more on a daily basis like these two roles that I play.  Because family is everything to me, there isn't anything that I work harder at keeping in tact and on track than this.  But that doesn't mean that it doesn't have it's fair share of pain, stress, heartache, anxiety, sadness, pride, suffering, and loss.

J. Richard Clarke said, "Every piece of work that we do is a portrait of the one who produced it."  This is how I feel about my role as a mother.  I have a responsibility to teach my kids correct principles and rear them in righteousness or the Lord will hold me accountable for their wrong doings.  He's entrusted these amazing spirits into my care so that I may teach them to keep His commandments.  The best way for me to do that is by living it.  Nothing speaks louder than words like action.  Through action comes examples.  Sometimes I think that we think of work as an occupation outside of the home.  As much as it is, our most important work will be the one that's performed within the walls of our homes.  J. Richard Clarke also said, "We work to earn a living, it is true; but as we toil, let us also remember that we are building a life.  Our work determines what that life will be."

My husband and I have countless conversations about the well-being of our children.  We talk about what we're doing to help them develop into the divine beings they are meant to become in this life.  We set goals on how to help them reach their full potential and then we execute them by doing our best to be in tuned with the Holy Ghost so that when we receive promptings, we're able to recognize them and act on them immediately.  It's been our modern day Liahona to help guide us during these times when the world tries to sway us in every direction that points opposite of the Savior.  It can be a very scary place to live in, but living the gospel has been such a saving grace in my life.  It's everything.  It helps me to remember my covenants that I've made with the Lord as well as helping me to keep my lines of communication open with Him through constant prayer.

Something I've been working constantly on these past couple of months is the law of tithing.  I have seen the Lord's hand directing me in the very simplest of things as well as things I've had to increase in patience about in order to learn the things I've needed to really love this law/commandment.  My testimony in keeping this law has strengthened so much and the blessings that have come from it have been in such abundance.  I continue to work hard and tirelessly at being able to increase my learning in this sacred law so that I may know the Savior.  Giving of my time and talent(s) is another way of being an instrument in the hands of the Lord because He is the one that has given me the time that I have here on earth as well as the talents He wants me to use in order to move His work forward.  I am ever so grateful for the gospel in my life and for a loving father in heaven that continues to guide and direct me in the affairs of my life.  I'd be so lost without Him.  If you want to learn more about this gospel, click here

1 comment:

OCEE BURKINA FASO said...

Dear brothers in Christ,

Glad to see what you do for the Lord and I receive me to visit your blog from Burkina Faso.
You have a beautiful family and that God bless you and keep you in his love.
We are active members of a humanitarian association O.C.E.E BURKINA FASO (open your heart for a self-help spirit) and we would like to have contact with associative structures from around the world for collaborations, twinning, sponsorships of children, exchange of ideas and those who have the desire to join us for the spirit of mutual aid.
Visit our website: http://oceeburkinafaso.blogspot.com/

Email: oceeburkinafaso@yahoo.com

Phone: 00 226 76 59 68 47
Be richly blessed
The president Coordinator
Mr Nathan W CHARLES Mr ZOUNGRANA ISSAKA