BloggerHood

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday 2 Our Growing Aaliyah!! :D


Yesterday we had the opportunity 2 celebrate our daughter, Aaliyah's 9th birthday. :D We had our families & friends over 4 a small dinner along w/ice cream & cake afterwards. Aaliyah's request 2 us earlier this month was if I could take her shopping cause she was in 'DYER' need of some new clothes since she was growing out of her current ones. So Hoko & I took 2 the discount stores & bought Aaliyah some new clothes as well as 2 pairs of shoes. :D She was in need of new shoes as well since our dog, Titan, took it upon himself 2 pee in her shoes. Lol. So GRRRROOOOOSSSSSSS!! And I really mean that!! Lol. We washed her shoes in the washer, but it seemed 2 come out a little ruined. We found some GREAT deals & didn't have 2 spend a ton on her stuff.



As one of my goals 4 the New Year, I've decided that we are going 2 make all of our kids birthday cakes 4rom here on out. :D It not only saves us so much money, but it's so much more sentimental & I've noticed that our kids take so much more PRIDE in knowing that we actually took the time 2 make it 4 them. It's great!! :D With that said, I took 2 the WORLD WIDE WEB 2 look up a cake 4 Aaliyah. Since I'm all about the Food Network, that was my 1st stop. I was browsing away when I came across an ice cream cake. Since Aaliyah's getting older, there was no 'PRINCESS' cake option. So I thought the ice cream cake would be perfect!! :D I quickly looked over the directions & it seemed pretty simple enough so we did a test run 2 days before her bday. It came out GREAT & we ended up making her 3 of them since they do come out a little on the small side. Lol. Her AWESOME auntie Taeao came w/a HUGE bday cupcake 4 her & it was so TIGHT!! :D She made it herself along w/all the decorations on the outs that she did w/different color frosting. :D We love & appreciate all of our families & friends that were able 2 come out & celebrate w/us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AALIYAH!! You'll never know how much you're BEING in our lives has helped us CHANGE 4 the better. :D We love you so much!! :D














4 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Happy Birthday Aaliyah! Making Homemade Birthday cakes has been a tradition we have always had too! I have pictures of homemade cakes going all the way back to my kids 1st birthdays...you are going to love the memories, but girl...it's funny cuz each year you'll find yourself trying to top your creativity each year! hahaha! But it's fun! Your daughter is Beautiful...can you believe you have a 9 year old??? LOL!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanks Marie!! :D I love making homemade bday cakes. You're soooo No. 1 mom!! You have so many traditions w/your kids. I love it!! And I've decided that 4 every year I have a bday, I'm gonna start counting back down. Lol. Hah!!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
off white
golden goose
kyrie 5
a bathing ape
hermes outlet
kyrie irving shoes
michael jordan shoes
curry 8
kobe shoes