BloggerHood

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

'Turn Up The Music' :D


So I heard this song by Point Of Grace a long time ago, but never got around 2 looking it up. I heard it again this past week & put it on my 'TO DO' list that I was going 2 YOUTUBE it & lo & behold. . . . . :D I was able 2 locate it w/no problem @ all. And when I say 'no problem @ all' I truly mean it. I didn't know the name of the song or even the group that sang it so I thought it would be a little bit of a challenge, but it was the 1st result that came up & I was so HAPPY!! :D And I mean, it's 10 o'clock @ night & I've played it over & over & over cause I love it so much!! Lol. With our older kids being asleep 4 a couple of hours now, it's just me, Savou in my lap, baby Hoko behind me standing on the same chair I'm sitting in & Sila dancing around my desk singing her little heart out as if she knows the words!! Hahahaha. . . . .definitely a kodak moment that's being put away mentally in my sub-conscious 4 those hard times I come across very rarely, but in all honesty. . . . .they do still come when I sit & think about the 'PRE-EXISTENCE' & it amazes me how emotional I get & the peaceful feeling that comes over me & I feel nothing, but CALMNESS filtering throughout my whole body. :D And along w/that CALMNESS comes feelings of GRATITUDE 4 all that I am continually blessed with on a day 2 day basis. I have a very CONSIDERATE & HARD WORKING husband, very HEALTHY & ACTIVE kids, very SUPPORTIVE parents & AMAZING siblings that are always there 4 me in whatever I may need. :D

The lyrics 2 this song is so 'ON POINT' 2 me cause it's everything I've always practiced w/in my own life. I've always believed that how you live says a lot more about you then 'who you know or what you did' The Savior always taught by example & it's been the best way of teaching because you are living your beliefs & others around you will take notice. :D As a member of the church, we've always been referred 2 as being 'peculiar' In the dictionary, this is defined as: strange or odd; unusual. And ain't it the truth?? We may live in this world, but we are strongly encouraged 2 not be of this world. And 4 good reason. 'For the natural man is an enemy to God & has been since the fall of Adam' For no man other than Jesus Christ is perfect. But it doesn't mean that we can't & shouldn't strive 4 perfection. The Savior is a perfect example of CHARITY & LOVE 4 all despite the many many weaknesses we all have. One of the many stories that comes 2 mind is the one about the adulterer that was taken 2 Jesus & told that she was 2 be stoned 4 her adulterous actions. The Savior draws a line in the dirt & tells them that whosoever hath no sin, cast the 1st stone. By the time he stood up, there was no one there. And he told the woman 2 go & sin no more.

There have been 'many a times' in my own life where trials & tribulations have come up & there have been many ways that I've wanted 2 respond that wasn't Christlike & I find myself always talking 2 my husband 1st & I am eternally grateful that he has the insight 2 be able 2 advise me otherwise. :D We've found great comfort in knowing when we need 2 turn 2 the Lord whether it's through personal & fervent prayer or through his ordained servants, which in our case is our wonderful Branch President. :D Life without the gospel in our lives would be meaningless & I can honestly say that we would be utterly lost. So 4 that I am always GRATEFUL 2 have the gospel in our lives. Being able 2 renew our covenants every Sunday as well as being able 2 live higher standards in our lives in order 2 be worthy of our temple recommends means more 2 us than any worldly or material thing in this life. If that means that we are labeled w/the rest of the saints as being a 'peculiar people' than we'll proudly stand by it & declare that that is exactly what we are. :D These were my thoughts & here's the lyrics 2 my MOST FAVORITE SONG right now. I think we could all 'TURN UP THE MUSIC' in our own lives & the results would be very rewarding in our own rite. :D

How You Live (Turn Up The Music)

Wake up to the sunlight with your windows open
Don't hold in your anger & leave things unspoken
Wear your red dress, use your good dishes
Make a big mess & make lots of wishes

And have what you want
But want what you have
And don't spend your life looking back


Chorus:
Turn up the music, turn it up loud
Take a few chances, let it all out
Cause you won't regret it

Looking back from where you have been
Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did, it's how you live

So, go to the ball games & go to the ballet
And go see your folks more than just on the holidays
Kiss all your children, dance with your wife
Tell your husband you love him every night

Don't run from the truth
Cause you can't get away, oh no
Just face it & you'll be okay

Chorus

Oh, wherever you are & wherever you've been
Now is the time to begin

So, give to the needy & pray for the grieving
Even when you don't think that you can
Cause all that you do is bound to come back to you
So, think of your fellow man

And make peace with God
And make peace with yourself, oh yeah
Cause in the end there's nobody else

Chorus

No comments: