BloggerHood

Monday, January 25, 2010

Savou's 1st ER Visit. . . . .

Savou had his 1st trip 2 the ER last Thursday. He's given us quite a scare since then. We're here @ Primary Children's & Savou's vitals are looking GREAT so they're considering sending him home. :D It's been quite the weekend experience.




We rushed Savou 2 the ER @ Primary Children's Riverton Hospital last Wednesday night because he spiked a fever & was wheezing a lot. His breathing also increased quite a bit & when my dad looked him over, he diagnosed Savou w/bronchiolitis. Which is exactly what he has. They ran a bunch of tests on him 2 see what exactly was causing his bronchiolitis & everything came back negative. They gave him a breathing treatment called albuterol & sent us home when his breathing came back down 2 normal as well as his temperature. Savou slept well all night, but in the morning we headed back 2 the hospital's respiratory clinic so he can get suctioned out cause he was having trouble breathing, again, which was causing him 2 not be able 2 eat. After he got suctioned, he sounded a lot better, but his heart rate was fairly high. We were sent over 2 the ER 4 the doctor 2 look him over. Because all his tests came back negative, they sent us home again. We ended up back @ the ER that night due 2 Savou's breathing. Which was abnormally fast. We were sent home once again after he received a suction as well as another breathing treatment. He slept through the night & did really well all day sleeping off & on as well as eating. We had planned 2 take all our other kids 2 watch the 'U' Women's Gymnastics meet against Georgia, which is a WHOLE 'nother post, lol. When we returned home, Savou seemed 2 be breathing really really fast. This time we took him straight up 2 the Primary Children's up here @ the 'U' & as soon as they hooked him up & they saw his heart rate, it was so CHAOTIC. It seriously took me back 2 my ER watching days. You know, that show. I used 2 watch it all the time. I never actually thought I would experience my own real life episode in my own life. Let alone w/one of my children. :( Savou's heart rate went all the way up to 230 & the norm 4 infants is between 110-130. They were racing 2 see what was going on. I pretty much broke down. I've never felt so HELPLESS in my life. I had a constant prayer in my heart 4 my son that I LOVE so much. Tears fell helplessly down my face as I watched Savou get poked 5 different times w/needles as he was calling out 2 me & looking @ Hoko & I with that look on his face like, why are we letting them hurt him?? I almost lost it. I was so devastated. I knew that everything that was being done 2 him was necessary in order 2 help him, but I couldn't help thinking of the Savior & his pain he went through in the garden of Gethsemane. I said a quiet prayer in my heart & asked Heavenly Father 2 please spare Savou the physical pains that he was feeling @ the time.





Savou was so dehydrated when we took him in that it was so difficult 4 the nurses 2 draw blood 4rom him. They had 2 call the IV team in 2 come & get his blood as well as 2 start an IV on him. I was thinking of how painful & uncomfortable it is 4 me when I would have 2 get IV's on me everytime I gave birth & I cried even more. This 5 month old baby of mine having 2 feel that kind of pain?? But not once did I complain or asky 'WHY' because I know that there are a ton of children in this world & in this very hospital that are going through a lot more pain than Savou. And I was very careful not 2 complain or come off ungrateful 4 fear of offending my Heavenly Father.





I am very happy 2 report that Savou is on the road 2 recovery & we have HIGH hopes that he will continue 2 get better & that we will be able 2 take him home 2morrow. :D It's been a rough couple of days 4 our baby boy, but he's fighting his way through it & we're EXTREMELY hopeful that he will recover fully in time. :D Aww, 2 reps 4rom the church just came in 2 check on Savou & 2 see if we needed anything. They left a copy of the Ensign which I haven't had a chance 2 pick up so this totally made my night. :D They also left info on the Branch they have here 4 the patients & their families. How AWESOME is that?? :D Wow!! We will definitely be attending the Branch if we're still here by Sunday. This is just one of the many updates going on in our family right now. Keep us in your prayers. :D

5 comments:

Line said...

Awwww, poor Savou! I'm so sorry he has to go through this and that you guys have to watch him go through this. Our prayers are with your little man. Love ya!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanks Line!! He's recovering so quickly now that he's home & doing so much better!! :D

Kalolaine said...

poor baby!!! I cried reading this... I couldnt imagine my own... next time ur down here at primarys call me! i live down the street! aww I hope hes better.. let me know if u need anything :) good thing u have ur dad the doc :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . . .thanks Kalo!! :D He really is getting a lot better. He lost weight, but I swear he's gotten his appetite back now. Lol. Hopefully we'll never have 2 be back up there under those circumstances. But I'll def call if we are. :D

smetoez said...

click reference high replica bags read this post here designer replica luggage straight from the source high end replica bags