BloggerHood

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

'FAITH IN GOD'


Tonight we were able 2 attend the 'FAITH IN GOD' program with our daughter, Aaliyah.  As you all know, she is now 8 yrs old & so this program has been designed 2 prepare young girls 4 young women.  Can you believe it?  My little 8 yr old is already preparing 4 young women.  If I didn't know what I know through the continuing principles that are taught in church every Sunday, I think I would have a break down right about. . . . .NOW!!  Lol.  It's scary 2 think of the world our children are growing up in right now & so I'm eternally grateful 2 be a member of the only true church on the face of this earth.  And more than that, I'm so grateful 4 a loving Heavenly Father that is so merciful on us that he has enabled temples 2 be built here on earth so that we are able 2 be sealed as families one 2 another 4 all time & eternity.

Tonight's program was so spiritual & just another of the many reminders in life of 'HOW GREAT THE WORTH OF SOULS' are.  All the 8 & 9 yr olds hosted the whole night along with the Primary President.  We had games & food & it was GREAT!!  Aaliyah's growing up at an increasingly alarming rate right now.  I've always said it before, but it's never really took hold of it's TRUE meaning until now.  She's in school 4 most of the day & now has extracurricular activities she's involved in 2 take up more of her day.  I'm excited watching her grow & experience new things in her life.  I just hope that we're doing all we can 2 REALLY prepare her 4 LIFE.  I'm so grateful 4 programs such as this 2 help us parents 2 stay focused on what really matters in life.  To get rid of all the distractions in life in order 2 do what we're supposed 2 be doing on our journey here.  I'm going 2 end on that note cause I can hear my son upstairs reaking havoc with who knows what.  Lol.  

2 comments:

Kassie said...

It still trips me out you have an 8 year old! She is such a sweet, well-mannered little girl and just beautiful. It's so nice to see parents like you guiding them in a direction of positives! Way to go Aaliyah!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww. . . .thanx. She totally LOVES you!! They all do!! Especially Sila. Lol. She takes advantage of you every chance she gets. Hahaha