BloggerHood

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Late Night. . .




So I'm totally having a late night.  I don't know why I keep procrastinating my workouts til it's late @ night & then I can't shut my eye balls 4 nothing.  Hahaha  It's already early early Wednesday morning & I'm only now finding the time 2 blog about our hike up Ensign's Peak.  LOL!!

We planned ahead 2 have our FHE on Sunday because Hoko & I were both really busy on Monday.  He had training all day & I was in school.  So we decided we'd make our way downtown & hike up Ensign's Peak.  Hoko & I went on a date 2 this historical site long long time ago.  Before we had even gotten married.  But we only hiked up 2 the visitor's view which isn't very high.  Hoko didn't know that Ensign's Peak was a lot higher & took much more effort & time 2 get up.  You can imagine his surprise when we started hiking past the visitor's view.  LOL!!  He was like, "Where are we going?"  I explained everything 2 him & then we were off on our little journey up the mountain.  

I must say that I was definitely a 'PROUD MOMMA' that day.  With how many kids we have, we always have them team up with one other sibling 2 make sure nobody gets lost.  I, of course, was left with baby Hoko since I was the only one he wanted 2 walk with.  LOL!!  He made it all the way up that mountain with only one simple request:  That he be able 2 carry my bag of CHESTER'S HOT FRIES in one hand while chowing down on them with the other.  It was definitely a sight 2 see.  Hahahaha. . . .so not only did he make it up 2 Ensign's Peak on his own 2 feet, he did it while carrying & eating his hot fries.  Hahahaha. . . . .These are definitely the moments in life that continually keep us in AWE of how wonderful & how blessed we are 2 be able 2 not only be parents, but also 2 still be able 2 add 2 our growing family.  :D  These are the priceless moments in life that no material thing can replace.  

We came home from that hike & I woke up the next morning with aches in my buttocks that haven't been there in years.  Hahahaha. . . .I definitely saw that as a GOOD sign.  LOL!!  I've worked really hard 2 try & stay consistent with my workouts so I was pretty surprised when I woke up with those aches & pains.  But I definitely welcomed them with open arms.  We were able 2 read about the historic event that happened up on Ensign's Peak.  How it was on this peak that Brigham Young declared this new found land 2 be Zion.  

As I was hiking up this mountain with my son, I kept thinking back 2 when the pioneers traveled 2 this great place.  All the hardships & all the losses they dealt with while crossing the plains.  And I was filled with gratitude 4 all that I have in my life.  Especially 4 the gospel & the plan of salvation.  Knowing that it's all up 2 us if we want 2 return 2 Him in the next life.  No excuses.  We have our free agency & it's 100% our decision on what we're going 2 do with it.  It was a GREAT day & it brought our family that much closer 2gether.  I'm so grateful 4 FHE.  It's the perfect place 2 spend quality time with each other, 2 teach your children 'correct principles,' & 2 be able 2 listen 2 them as well while they express their feelings in what's going on in their lives.  I love it.  I recommend it 2 EVERYONE.  It works & if you're consistent with it, as we're trying 2 be, it'll bless your family forever.  :D  

5 comments:

Kassie said...

What a nice FHE! You go with your bad self hiking the whole way up AND with Baby Hoko in tow. Haha. Hope the buttocks aren't sore anymore! LOL. When it gets warm we should go hike the Y with our big ol' bellies :-)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha. . . .My buttocks have definitely recovered. LOL!! I'm all 4 hiking up the Y when the weather warms up. :D Can't wait 4 the 5k next week!! Woo hoo!!

carolineluvsulysses said...

you go girl.. good job

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha. . . .thanks sis!! Next time, let's go 2gether!! :D

Line said...

Wow, good job hiking up there, especially with all of your kids! What troopers you guys are!