BloggerHood

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why 'ZUMBA' Is Sweeping The Nation??

Straight from a CNN article:

It's not a dance club. This is a regular morning exercise class at the YMCA in Alpharetta, Georgia. It's called Zumba.

Part dance, part aerobics, Zumba is an hour long routine that works almost every muscle in the body.

"It is dance fitness," explained Stephanie Maxim, one of two class instructors. "We teach them moves that you can see on 'Dancing with the Stars': salsa, mambo, cha-cha, and we put it into a group fitness format."

"It's not like a workout," explained Diane Walterstiel, 55, of Alpharetta. "Before I come, I'm tense, but when I leave, I could kiss the world."

2night was a 1st 4 both Kassie & I. We decided 2 try out this new workout class that has been sweeping the nation & is now reaching Utah. My cousin, Soloi, has been participating in her Zumba class since the beginning of the year & has lost 30 lbs & counting. Definitely a motivation in what got me 2 finally get my butt 2 my local rec center & check it out. Because Hoko & I already have passes @ our rec, it's totally included in our couple's pass. :D

Our instructor, Shaylene, has got 2 be the most ENERGETIC & POSITIVE person I've ever met!! It's great!! She kept us going 4 the WHOLE hour long session that it was. Lol!! Both Kassie & I were huffin' & puffin' yet when we looked @ the clock, we were only 20 min into the workout. Hahahaha!! It was great though. We were moving our feet the WHOLE time. My thighs felt like they were going 2 give way @ any time. Lol!!

It was definitely ALL worth it. The next class is 2morrow morning @ 5:30 & we're both going 2 try our best 2 wake up that early & head 2 Zumba class. Lol. That's how good it is. Hahaha!! We felt so GREAT afterwards & after getting past the 1st 20 min, the rest of the hour seemed 2 just fly by. I definitely recommend this class 2 everyone who has difficulty keeping 2 a workout because this one is just way too much FUN 2 pass up.

It put me in such a GREAT mood & BRIGHTENED up my day!! Kassie also recommended a book 2 me that I've been dying 2 read, anyway. It's called, 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne. My husband & I headed 2 Barnes & Noble when I got home & picked up this AWESOME & LIFE CHANGING book as well as the audio so I could listen 2 it while I'm on the elyptical. I'm so HIGH on life right now it's FANTASTIC!! I'm so HAPPY & EXCITED 4 all life has 2 offer. Both the ups & downs are life lessons that we can all learn from & come out on TOP!! I truly believe that & have seen it happen in my own life. And all this. . . .from a so called workout class!! It's definitely more like a 'PARTY!!' Hahaha!! It's AWESOME!! :D

5 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

i'm so jealous!!! i've been begging your dumb cousin to get me the zumba dvds coz little old hawaii doesn't have the classes, but i wanna do it!!! loose some weight for me ok

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha!! Keep begging him cause it's so worth it!! We have classes here all over the valley. I'll try my best 2 lose weight 4 the both of us. Lol. But u have a pretty nice Wii 2 get down 2!! :D

Line said...

It's crazy how big Zumba has become. I saw a sign advertising for a Zumba class at the Orem rec center, where I take Spencer for swim lessons. I'll have to check if Golds' Gym is offering Zumba.

Kassie said...

This class was so much fun.. I can't wait until next week. Give you the little girl dancing next to me, I was like, " you hit it sis" hahahahaha. What was she, 7??? She had all the moves, she kept looking at my belly, like WTH is that?? hahaha thanks for the invite sis, good times!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Wasn't it the best!! Next week's 80's theme is gonna be so much FUN!! We'll DEF have 2 take pics. Lol. I'm gonna try kickboxing 2night. :D