BloggerHood

Monday, December 9, 2013

Defeated?

It's been a while since I've last blogged. I'm always falling off this bandwagon, but here we go again for the umpteenth time. Lol. 

I've been faithfully getting up every morning for the past month or so to hit the gym and get my workouts in before the kids leave for school. I've loved it. Starting every morning releasing endorphins has been so self rewarding. Both physically and mentally. I can feel and see myself getting stronger with every workout I put in. But this morning, I left the gym feeling defeated and depleted. I haven't been eating breakfast before my workouts so I've pretty much been hitting every morning gym sesh on an empty stomach. Sooooo not a good idea. If you're reading this, don't follow my example. This is the worst thing you can do when you're weight lifting. Or working out at a high intensity. I got halfway thru my workout until my body shut down. I went into the sauna to try and relax my muscles as well as rejuvenate my mind so I can finish the last half of my workout. Yeah, that didn't happen successfully. I went back into the locker room, put my sweats back on and headed back home. My body is sore, especially my chest and traps.

I'm always thinking of ways to better my body and better my results so with that said, I'm going back to what I should've been doing this whole time. Tracking my food intake on my Lose It app and making sure I'm feeding my body what it needs in order to refuel and replenish. 

I also ordered Shaun T's new program, T25, last week. It's a 10 week program. It's basically HIIT from what I've seen. Today is day one of the program and I'm kicking it off with the 5 day fast track which requires me to have only 1100 cals a day while doing 25 min of his program as well. I'm still debating whether or not I'll be taking a break from Jim Stoppani's Shortcut To Shred 6 week program this week or if I can handle doing both. We'll see. I'm always experimenting on myself to see what I can handle and still stay healthy. 

I've been consuming a ton of carbs lately and my body is definitely a result of that poor choice. It's time to clean out my system and lean out. I work too hard in the gym to be treating my body like a garbage disposal and inhaling anything I want.

I need to get my self discipline back on track and start eating to live and not living to eat. We live and learn, right? I love this journey and am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to get up every day and chase after my dream body. I love being a mom to seven wonderful blessings that keep me in awe of their amazing capacity to love unconditionally and non-judge mentally. Hoko is my rock and has supported my fitness journey from the get go. Including the huge factor that because of his hard work and sacrifice, I'm able to be a stay at home mom. It's played a HUGE role in this journey. This is me, currently. Stay tuned for more to come. 




No comments: