BloggerHood

Friday, December 13, 2013

Growing Pains

My poor little Jordan has been waking up from his sleep crying out in pain cause his legs hurt from growing pains. My poor baby. I always get up and massage his legs and usually it does the trick and he's able to go right back to sleep. But some nights, like tonight, the pain is too great and I have to resort to drastic measures. That is, NETFLIX. Lol. It distracts him enough and he stops crying and forgets his pain until he falls asleep once more. 



It's after 4 a.m. And we're lying here on the couch in the living room watching Batman and I'm hoping his pain will go away soon and we can both get back to some much needed shut eye. 

I was able to hit my workout last night. Right after dinner, I threw my gym clothes on, packed my bathing suit and towel and headed to the gym in hopes of being able to soak in the hot tub before hitting my workout. I'm back to the Shred and today was day 25 of chest, triceps and abs. When I got to the club, I changed into my bathing suit and headed for the hot tub. It was filled with teenagers. Ugh....I was like. Wth?! Don't you kids have school tomorrow?! HOI!! So I went into the sauna, which was also filled with an old man and three other boys. But I was over it and found a spot and sat down to at least loosen up my muscles before hitting the weights. 


I sat in the sauna for thirty min before heading out and changing back to my gym clothes. 



With my note cards in hand, I headed out  to the weight room excited to increase my weights for this high reps, single joint session. I felt GREAT!! I did the optional advanced technique. It's called the cardio accelerated rest-pause dropset. The burn was REAL!! I loved it!! It's shoulders, legs and calves today. I can't wait!! I gotta go easy on my shoulders cause my right one is hella strained and I don't want it to get worse. 



When I got home, Aaliyah was up doing homework and watching Savou and Jordan. I love that girl. She actually had them all tucked into bed, which they happily jumped out of when they heard my voice. Lol. So I had to lay with them in bed til they fell asleep. 



And yup!! I have to lay in between them or one of them (usually Savou) ends up feeling neglected and goes to sleep sad. We can't have that. I need them both to know that I love them equally. As soon as they fell asleep, I hopped on IG and discovered Bey's new album release. It was so hard for me to peel myself away from her album so I can finish the night strong with day 4 of T25. Ab Intervals. It was so intense and killed me once again!! Lol. But I loved it!! 















No comments: