BloggerHood

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Goals....To Make Them Or Not?

I made up my mind last week that I didn't really want to make any goals for 2014 because I felt like I've been doing everything I've wanted to do in order to reach my goals. I mean, not everything. I still made spiritual goals, but physically, I just wanted to keep to eating clean and starting new workout programs every time I finish one up. I've been talking to Ashleigh a lot about everything, but she's been making trips to her farmer's market and buying locally grass fed meat. And I've been totally fine with buying meat from Costco cause I love and trust them so much and their products. But Ashleigh was saying that her mom doesn't trust their meats cause it's swollen compared to what she's used to in NZ. It got me thinking a lot about it. I couldn't get it off my mind. 

So the girls and I decided to watch a documentary on Netflix called Hungry For Change. OMG!! I can't believe how much sugar is in EVERYTHING!! And how it's comparable to crack. How food like products with sugar in almost all of it kills more people than drugs, alcohol or car accidents combined.  How crazy is that?? And such an eye opener. 

After the documentary, I started looking up local farms in the area that I can buy locally from. And I'm so happy that I q's able to find one in Morgan, which is only 15-20 min from here. There's also one in Salt Lake that I can go to with more variety of meat as well as dairy that I can purchase. I'm planning to check it out some time this week or next and I wanna take the kids with me so we can all get educated together. I want to bring them up in that kind of environment so that they can make thee best choices for their health. I want to teach them healthy habits that they can incorporate into heir lives forever. And I wanna teach them the difference in taste between real food and food like products (processed foods). And how real food is not only good for you, but tastes delicious. 

So this is one of my goals. And I think its definitely gonna run side by side with my goals of sticking to a budget and getting our debts paid off. We're currently working on re-establishing our credit while we pay off our debts. We got offered a Capital One credit card as well as an American Express. We're gonna get both. One in Hoko's name and one in my name so that we can both re-build at the same time. I'm excited to continually work towards our goals. Doing these things always puts the ball back in our court and gives us back the control we need to move forward in our lives. Hoko working at Halliburton has been such a blessing to us. He's finally found a place where he's getting paid for all his hard work. He continues to excel and is now an operator there. He's gotten 2-3 raises and continues to work so hard. He hurt his finger last month and is already back to full duty in North Dakota. He's seriously so amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky. Anyways, I only named a few of my goals for 2014. I haven't made my official list, but I will soon. Between now and Tuesday. 

No comments: