BloggerHood

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day & The Day After. . . . . :D




Christmas day started in our home @ 6 am w/baby Savou being the 1st one up. :D We had some last min gifts 2 wrap 4 the kids 4rom Jr & Emilee so we were already up anyway. Polu Marie made her way up the stairs @ about 7:45 & then she woke everyone else up 2 come up. So we had it all planned that we weren't going 2 buy our kids any gifts this year in hopes of getting into the TRUE meaning & spirit of Christmas, but Hoko couldn't hang. Tuesday came along & he walked into the house bearing gifts 4 all the kids. Especially 4 baby Hoko. Or it might've just seemed that way cause he was so slow 2 open up his gifts being that he's only 2 yrs old so he wanted 2 play w/everything he got before moving onto the next. By the time he hit his 3rd gift, he was done opening gifts. Lol. He was wayyyy too EXCITED 4 the ones he already had. :D









Before the gift giving started, I printed out the story of the Savior's birth & the 3 wisemen & we read it 2 the kids before all the CHAOS began. Lol. The story comes 4rom the New Testament book of Luke Ch 2. :D We asked the kids a couple of questions, then offered a prayer of thanks 4 all that we've been blessed with as well as 4 being able 2 celebrate the birth of our dear Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. :D As soon as all the HOOPLA was over, we got dressed 4 the day & headed 2 Salt Lake 2 see my sister & her family. :D We chatted it up as the kids played & played & played. . . . .Soon enough, it was time 4 us 2 head back home & start cooking. We had planned 2 go TUBING after we ate, but the kids wanted 2 stay in & play w/all their stuff they had just received so we did just that. :D My nieces & nephews came over later & we baked brownies & ate til we couldn't eat no more. Lol. :D











Day after Christmas came & Hoko & I headed 2 the gym 4 an early morning workout!! :D It felt so GREAT & we'd never seen the gym so packed!! Lol. I guess we weren't the only ones there running off the holiday goodies. :D When we returned home, we showered, got the kids dressed & headed 2 our neighborhood park 4 some TUBING fun!! :D And it was a TON of FUN!! :D But I think being out there all day did it 4 my kids. Most of them @ least. That night was when the fevers started & the throwing up followed by the body aches & all. :( Saturday night was the worst, but they're still recovering as of now. We kept them home 4rom church so as 2 not get any of the other kids sick. I don't even remember the last time we missed church. With all the kids being sick except 4 Aaliyah, I'm glad that we did. They seem 2 be recovering well. Savou's been the worst of the bunch. But I'm so GRATEFUL 4 his SWEET spirit cause he's still such a HAPPY baby. Even though he's up all night long fevering & coughing, he's still so SMILEY FACED!! :D He teaches me so much. . . .as do all my children. So selfless & finding joy in the most SIMPLEST of things. :D I guess that's why children are of the kingdom of God. They are so pure & so loving. :D 4giving in a blink of an eye w/out being asked 2. Loving unconditionally regardless of our weaknesses/faults. Always filled w/endless curiosities so innocently pure. And that is the very reason why Hoko & I love being parents 2 these AMAZING children of ours. It's so EXCITING 2 see them grow up & we're so GRATEFUL 4 the opportunity we've been given 2 be their parents. :D We ended our week w/a GREAT temple night. :D Came home & my sister was waiting 4 me so we can go watch 'Sherlock Holmes' Unfortunately, when we got 2 the District, it was sold out. We'll try again next weekend, maybe. :D It has been a very busy & very fulfilling week thus far & I'm anticipating another one @ this beginning of a new week. Happy Holidays friends & family & wishing you all a very Happy New Year. :D











7 comments:

Line said...

Looks like Santa was good to you guys! I'm with Hoko--I wouldn't be able to hang with the no-presents thing LOL.

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Lol. . . .Santa was very good 2 the kids this year. :D As he always is. You & Hoko suck. Next year will definitely be different. Hahaha. . . .

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Merry Christmas Fiona...glad you had a wonderful Christmas, but so sorry to hear that the kids got sick...I think having sick kids has to be one of the hardest things for a Mother...especially if ALL 6 are! I can only imagine how tired you are! But I'm glad to hear they are recovering and getting better!

I'm glad you got to go to that Temple...I love the feeling of peace and pure reverence there...(as all the temples have) but this temple has something...I guess those who don't know have to just experience it. LOL...

Well sorry for the Novel...it's just been a while since I've been by here to see what your amazing fam has been up to! :p

You look amazing...sooo amazing! Well Happy Happy New Year to your family from ours!

Love ya sis!
~Marie

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . . .you're the BEST Marie!! Always love when you make time 2 leave me a comment. The longer the novel, the better!! :D I just inboxed my email addy 2 you on FB. Love you tons sis!! :D

Soakai Fam said...

Io, just blame it on Hoko. LOL. I KNOW you couldn't hang either so YOU sent Hoko to get presents! Its okay, you don't have to say so. LOL. Hope the kids are 100% recovered now Fiona. Can you tell Junior and Emilee to wrap their own presents?! LOL. Baby Hoko is too cute... Its funny how the babies are so excited about anything they unwrap, its the bigger kids that are harder to please! Nase was excited about anything and everything xmas morning... Isaac on the other hand was a different story. LOL. Happy 2010 cousin. Send my love to Hoko, the kids, your parents, Lote/T and their kids. Take care.

SiOaNa :) said...

Can you have another girl and let me adopt her? ha ha...or you can just let me have baby Savou. He should have his very own blog with a million pictures of himself...gorgeous :)

That's an official comment you dork...lol.

Love you sis :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Lol @ Sarah. Yeah, I blame everything on him. Hah!! Jo, did you really just leave me a comment?? Hahahaha. . . .Wow!! Thanx 4 gracing my blog w/your presence, JERK!! Love you guys!! :D Happy New Years!! :D