BloggerHood

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another Great Temple Experience. . . .


We had the WONDERFUL opportunity 2 go do some temple work @ the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. :D This temple is only a 1 min drive 4rom my house, if even that & yesterday was the 1st time we've been there. And can I just say: WOW!! That was all that was going through my mind. This temple is so BREATH-TAKINGLY beautiful, it gave me the chills. I love all the temples that we've been to, but this one definitely has a separate place in my heart. Not just cause of it's BEAUTY, but because of how much it reminds me of the Bountiful Temple. Which is the very temple Hoko & I were sealed 4 all time & eternity. :D

We had such a WONDERFUL time as we always do in our attendance in the house of the Lord. But the calming feeling that carries on w/us throughout the day is something so PRICELESS & can't be found anywhere else, but in this sacred place. With the CHAOS & HYPE of Christmas coming 2 an end, I'm so GRATEFUL 2 have been able 2 go 2 the temple last night w/my husband & continue moving the work of the Lord 4ward. :D It is definitely an AMAZING way 2 end 2009 as it is coming 2 a close & I'm so GRATEFUL 4 all that I have been blessed with. Especially 4 the things that matter most. . . .families, friends, the Lord, gospel, scriptures, a modern-day prophet, the library w/it's endless amounts of literature 4rom all different genres & eras of time, a hard-working husband & very healthy kids who keep us very very busy in our day 2 day lives. :D Having listed all that. . . .I am in AWE of the LOVE that our Father in Heaven has 4 each & every one of us that he so mindfully blesses us all so ABUNDANTLY. :D And yet he asks so very little of us in return. . . .things that bring us TRUE HAPPINESS in this life as well as in the next. I'm ETERNALLY grateful 4 both a LOVING Heavenly Father as well as a LOVING Saviour who have given us an opportunity 2 work hard in this life that we may be able 2 return HOME someday. :D

Often times I find myself on my knees in secret prayer asking my Father in Heaven 2 please send my love 2 my Heavenly Mother. 4 if we have a Father in Heaven then surely we must have a Heavenly Mother. Being a mother myself of 6 very healthy & very active children, it's very mind-boggling 2 me 2 think of our own Heavenly Mother whom is/was our mother in the pre-existence. I am so very THANKFUL 4 the gospel. How WONDERFUL the love our Heavenly Father has 4 us that he would reveal unto us a 'Plan Of Salvation' which is our road map back 2 live w/Him again. :D Things like this make living in this 'lone & dreary world' possible & even WONDERFUL @ times. :D With 2day being the Sabbath Day & all. . . .these are the thoughts of my heart & I will always be GRATEFUL 4 temples here on earth. :D And I will never take advantage of these blessings. :D

No comments: