BloggerHood

Monday, May 21, 2012

Cherishing Moments & Creating Long Lasting Memories

I've found myself cherishing my loved ones more so lately. I don't know if it's cause I'm getting older, but I hold those dear to me very close to my heart. At the top of that list are definitely my children. And it might just be due to the fact that I have always chosen to take a more active role in their lives. Their success has always been very important to Hoko & I. We try to stay as involved in their lives as possible without smothering them or doing things for them.

These past couple of weeks I've taken the initiative in incorporating healthier options in not just our eating, but in giving my kids the option to be more involved. They're always cooking with Hoko in the kitchen cause I was always too impatient with them, but I've loosened up a little & am slowly letting them into my domain. Lol. Baby steps, right? I've also created a 'jogging crew' that's totally volunteer based. 👍It consists of Lote Si'i, Polu Marie, Jordan & I. It doesn't get any better than this.

They used to ask to exercise with me all the time, but we would always get in each others way & I'd always end up so frustrated. Now that I've been doing it for a while & the sheer fact that their interest in it hasn't lessened, I've come up with win/win solutions for all of us to succeed. And not just in the physical sense. I'm finding that we're bonding on a whole different level now. They confide their current emotions & their everyday insecurities with me. I think it's so easy to forget how it feels to be a little girl at their age going thru all these different things. The physical changes as well as the emotional ones that are tied so closely together.

Well, this little 'jogging crew' of mine has blossomed into such long lasting memories with my girls. Lote Si'i was telling me that she's decided to come running with me every night cause she's not happy with herself. She said that she knows she shouldn't be as big as she is & she wants to do something about it. *tears* This is our child that has been our 'fatso' since birth. In that moment I felt so proud of her for taking the initiative to do something about whatever it was that's making her unhappy. And at the same time I couldn't help, but reflect on this decision that I made back in 2008 to become the BEST me both spiritually & temporally (physically) as I can be & the absolute tangible effect it's having on not just me, but also on those that I cherish most. My kids. My lil Lote continued to share with me her hopes of joining a track team this next school year & I was amazed with this lil blessing in my life & her courage to face her fears right dead in the eye & do something about it. I love & admire her so much. I feel this way about all of my kids. It never ceases to amaze me how much they continue to teach me without their even knowing. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father's blessed me with such amazing kids. And even more so...with ones that know that I'm here for them no matter what. I hope & pray that my relationship with my kids grows continually in alliance with that of the gospel & all the wonderful blessings that come from living an honest, true & chaste life. I plan on creating countless memories with my beautiful blessings. #mykidsROCK

No comments: