BloggerHood

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting. In. Shape

I've been laser eye focusing on my health & fitness since giving birth to baby #7. It's something that's always been important to me. I want to be the number ONE example in my children's eyes of living a healthy lifestyle.


I remember growing up in Tonga, my dad would take us running with him & I swore nobody was as fast as him. I would stand in awe of how fast he could run. He woke up early every morning & ran 5 miles without breaking a sweat. My mom & I would sit at the wharf & watch him swim out so far & then turn around & swim back like it was something anyone could do. He was AMAZING!! I love my dad for being my prime example of healthy living. He still actively workouts every morning & night at home.


When I gave birth to Jordan back in October of last year, I felt so grateful to have such an amazing & sacred blessing in my life. I was also in the middle of fall semester so my life was a bit overwhelming, to say the least. I gained a total of 52 lbs & I was not looking forward to losing it. Lol. Who would?? But I've never been one to wallow in my sorrows for too long so I sucked it up & got to work. Back in December, I saw a post on pinterest of a mother with before & after pics over the course of a year and her body looked like mine. It's what caught my attention. She'd been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Her 'after' pics didn't look like some total transformation of an unrecognizable body, but it still looked great. Her stomach was flat with small stretch marks along her lower abdomen and she had definitely lost weight & it looked REAL. It totally inspired me & I found myself at Walmart buying this at home workout DVD. I'm so glad I did. Jillian Michaels started slowly transforming my body and my eating habits. What I loved most about this particular DVD is the fact that the workouts were only 20 min. It's what got me thru days & nights of no motivation at all & bad eating. Knowing that it was only gonna be 20 min kept me religiously faithful to this workout regimen. There's three different level. Easiest to hardest. I'd recently been doing level III (hardest) & was feeling great. I figured once I'd mastered it, I would move onto her latest dvd's that have just recently been released. But to my surprise, my sister inlaw, Sheena, bought me Shaun T's Insanity dvd's. So I started doing those this past week.


It's a 60-day program that I plan to stick to. I measured myself before I started & then again at the end of the week & I'm psyched to be down a couple of inches overall. I love the Insanity series. It pushes me to my limit, but I'm able to take the needed breaks. I also love that it's all about speed & endurance. We do intervals & then stretching which can I just say that I sweat a ton more during the stretching than from the workouts. It's intense!! But I love it & I'm absolutely sticking to the WHOLE 60 days. I'm already seeing results, but I want more. I feel so great about GETTING. IN. SHAPE. I plan to be around for a very long time so I can enjoy watching & being involved with my kids as they grow up.

No comments: