BloggerHood

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shhhh. . . .It's A Secret

I just got done watching Beyonce's interview from last night's MET Gala event.  I love her honesty in it.  She's asked by the interviewer how she got her amazing body back which she doesn't skip a beat in answering:  HARD WORK.  She continues to say that there's no secret.  It's just discipline.  I'm always asked what my secret is to being my size.  And I say it like that cause I'm not at my goal weight/size so I'm not comfortable to say 'in shape.'  Plus, I don't have abs yet, either.  Lol.  So I CAN'T say that anyway.  Hahahaha!!  But I love the pure HONESTY on Bey's face when she answers: 'Hard work.  There's no secret.  Discipline.'  She's now been given the chance to experience motherhood.  All the joys that come with it as well as the sleepless nights, weight gain, first time mom over protections, fatigue & so forth.  Cause in all this, she's also still working.  


There's no secret to having a great body.  The key to it has always been exercising & eating right.  It's absolutely discipline that sets you apart from the rest.  I just recently turned 29 and I don't take for granted the fact that my time is ticking so I'm taking the necessary steps to give my body what it deserves:  Great Health.  As you age, your metabolism slows down.  Eating right & exercising daily gives you that increase in metabolism your body needs in order to burn unwanted fat.  I'm getting myself used to eating every 2-3 hours.  It's been a little bit of a challenge for me cause I'm so used to just doing 3 meals/day, but with the intense workout regime Insanity entails, I've succumb to giving my body what it needs so that it will give me back the results that I deserve.  I've added a gallon of water a day cause I read in a magazine that that's how much Bey drinks.  Lol.  And I know it's only benefiting me.  Staying hydrated is great for your skin, too.  Anyways, this was something that inspired me & I want to post about it.  :D


And P.S.:  Pay attention to food labels.  Read the ingredients label so as to know exactly what's going into your body.  This is something I do all the time.  No hydrogenated anything.  Even if it's just partial.  That kinda fat is deadly.  It's banned in some countries around the world including Denmark.  It should be banned here, but we love our fast foods too much.  Terrible. 

1 comment:

Anna (Pronounced Ah-Na) said...

This is solid truth! Hard work pays off, love Bey and love this post!