BloggerHood

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another Successful Family Outing. . . . :D

We had another SUCCESSFUL FAMILY OUTING 2day. . . :D We've been really trying 2 stay CONSISTENT on doing our FHE's every week. They may not always be on Monday nights, but most weeks they are. :D

2day's outing consisted of heading back 2 the District & going 2 watch 'A Christmas Carol' :D It was GREAT!! I loved it. But I really must say that they are starting 2 make all these kids movies really really REALISTIC. :D There's hardly any that have come out recently where it's all about MAGIC or just about IMAGINATION 2 the degree where it just leaves you in AWE. At least that's just my take on it. Lol. They just all seem very REALISTIC in regards 2 how life is in the REAL WORLD. And I guess in some respects, it's a positive where it opens up a child's mind 2 REAL WORLD situations & sorts. But I remember the days as I was growing up where I would look 4ward so much 2 watching Disney movies cause they took my imagination on journeys I never imagined my mind would ever or even could ever take. It was pure MAGIC!! :D







Anyways, we've been thinking a lot about the coming up HOLIDAY SEASON. The closest one being Thanksgiving & we've been throwing different ideas around in what we'll be doing this year 2 show our GRATITUDE 4 all that we have, all that we've been given, all that we can give & all that we can continually strive 4 w/all the opportunities of living in this GREAT land. :D One thing we've always wanted 2 do, but have always fell short of is taking our kids 2 a homeless shelter & doing volunteer work. Or even putting simple projects 2gether of needs whether they be hygiene kits or blankets/quilts 4 the less fortunate. I guess because of the fact that most of these projects we do throughout the year in our Relief Society activities. Even visiting the widows in our areas/wards. :D But I know that even though these things are done throughout the year w/our Relief Society or through service projects w/the youth or even the primary. . . .there can never be enough done 2 go around. So w/that said. . .we'll definitely be getting a list of widows in our area/ward & setting up some time 2 go as a family & give of our time. Most of the time, when we'd go as sisters of our Relief Society organization, that was what they were most thankful for. Not the things that we would take 4 them, but the time that we spent w/them just talking & listening. I guess just plain caring. :D It reminds me of that short letter/reply that our late Pres. Hinkley received 4rom his father while on his mission. 'Forget yourself & get to work.'

I'm definitely guilty @ times of not practicing this principle. 2day was the 1st time in all the years that I've been a temple member that I was able 2 attend the temple & do a session w/just me & my dad. It was definitely one that I will never 4get or take 4 granted. As I look @ my parents now, I am so GRATEFUL & words can't even begin 2 express my LOVE & GRATITUDE 4 them & their examples/teachings that have helped me become who I am 2day. I felt the spirit so STRONGLY while being there & as we were waiting 4 the session 2 start, the organist was playing one of my MOST favorite primary songs.

'Where Love Is'

Where love is,
There God is also.
Where love is,
We want to be.
Guide us,
His truths to follow;
Help us obey him faithfully.

Where love is,
There God is also.
We think of him rev'rently.
Teach us to pray,
To talk w/him above
And know that he will guide us w/his love.

The comfort of loving arms around us,
A song that makes us want to sing.
The happiness we feel when love has found us,
'Tis love we get when love we bring.

Where love is,
There God is also.
Where love is,
We want to be.
Guide us,
His truths to follow;
Help us obey him faithfully.

Where love is,
There God is also.
And w/him we want to be.
Show us the way & guide us tenderly
That we may dwell w/him eternally.

I love love love this primary song. It brought such a great humbling spirit into my heart that I needed in order to soften my heart & be able 2 have a clear & active mind in seeking the Lord's counsel in things that I need guidance in. Oh how I heart the temple & all the WONDERFUL blessings it holds 4 those that seek it diligently. I am so very grateful 2 be able 2 live so close 2 many of the temples. The closest being the newest edition. The Oquirrh Mtn Temple. Next being the Jordan River Temple. Next up, the Draper Temple. Next being the Timpanogas Temple. And then probably the Salt Lake Temple. And then the Provo Temple, the Bountiful Temple & then ending w/the Ogden Temple. WOW!! And most likely. . . .only one of these temples is a full hour away. :D That is definitely AMAZING!! :D

Being able 2 have these family outings @ least once a week has been such a blessing in our lives & has brought such a closeness that one can only feel through these experiences. We ended our outing @ Applebees @ the District as well. We gave ourselves a break 4rom kitchen duties 4 one night & it was GREAT. :D Our kids are growing up so fast & I cherish all the MOMENTS in life that we have 2gether. Especially when we're all present. With the right attitude, GREAT things come 2 pass. I honestly believe that. :D
























With the holidays just around the corner, let me be the first 2 wish you all a 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS' 4rom our family 2 yours. May the spirit of THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS dwell w/in our homes not only @ this time of year, but continually & constantly into the new year & beyond. :D

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I just love reading your posts. How awesome parents you are for taking time every week to spend quality time with all your kids. And how blessed your kids are to have you and Hoko for parents!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . .thanks Monica!! But I definitely think Hoko & I are the lucky ones. :D Kids are just so innocent & full of LOVE. I swear we NEED them 2 remind us on a daily basis of Heavenly Father's love 4 each of us. See you on Saturday. :D Can't wait 4 the princess 2 arrive. :D