BloggerHood

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A REAL LIFE LOVE STORY. . . .


So I love 2 keep myself updated w/different current events & came across this article on LDSLiving.org. With so much CRAZINESS going on in the world right now. . . .it definitely BRIGHTENS my day when I come across these kinds of stories. :D And what can I say. . . .I'm a SUCKER 4 LOVE!! :D And w/my husband & I reaching our 9 yr anniversary last week, it just made this article mean that much more!! :D Which by the way I must add that 4 our anniversary Hoko took me on a shopping adventure!! 1st up was Dillard's @ the South Town Mall 2 pick up my 1st pair of UGGS!! Woo hoo!! I finally own a pair & I must say that they are worth every single penny that went into buying 'em. :D After I picked out my 1st pair, he told me 2 pick out a 2nd pair!! I almost FAINTED!! Hahahaha!! My husband knows how much I love 2 be outdoors & how the winter weather seems 2 only HEIGHTEN that characteristic of mine!! :D So I picked out my 2nd pair & was still in AWE that he was getting them 4 me. :D I know I know. . .I'm a lucky girl!! :D Believe me. . . .I am GRATEFUL on a daily basis. He tried convincing me 2 get a pair last year, but as soon as I saw the price?? I was like, no thanks. Lol. And then when I opted out & bought me a couple of pairs of the cheap ones & they totally ripped & water soaked thru them in no time!! Of course my husband was like. . .I told you 2 get them UGGS. Lol. So this winter, I'm happy 2 know that my feet will be NICE & COZY & very much TOASTY WARM!! :D 2nd, we took 2 Fashion Place Mall & I shopped 4 the kids instead. :D I swear buying them things always makes me a lot happier than buying 4 myself. The sparkle in their eyes when they see that they've gotten something new. It can be a brand new pair of socks & underwears & they're HAPPY!! They teach me different things on a daily basis!! I love them so much!! :D After that mall, we headed 2 the Nordstrom Rack that just went up right by South Town. Love that place. I definitely picked me up some stuff 4rom there. Hoko was trying 2 buy Aaliyah some Ed Hardy shoes. . . .I was like. . . .Uhhhh, nice try. She's a new size every month. Lol. When her growing stage ends then we can buy her those. Lol. After the shopping madness was over, we returned home. We were supposed 2 catch a movie that night, but I wanted 2 stay in w/the kids & do a DVD night. :D So that's exactly what ended up happening. Anyways, I had 2 blog right quick about my anniversary cause it ties into this story & I hope 2 follow in these ladies' footsteps w/my own marriage. :D Here's a copy of the article. :D

'Sisters Who Wed Together Celebrate 140 Years Of Marriage'

THEY married together in a hastily arranged double wedding as their generation faced the terrible uncertainty of war. But sisters Doris & Margaret Wiles were both fortunate to find an enduring romance which has lasted 70 years.
Now aged in their 90's, Doris & Margaret have celebrated their platinum wedding anniversaries w/the sweethearts they wed in a joint ceremony in the autumn of 1939.
"We thought we may be killed so we wanted to get married as soon as possible," recalled Doris, of St Austell Ave, Macclesfield.
"I only had a few weeks to make both wedding dresses & all the bridemaid dresses, but we managed it.
"It was a lovely wedding - we couldn't all fit in our own church so we had to have it in the Methodist chapel instead."
Her sister Margaret added,"We are very, very close, we were like twins. It was nice for us to both get married on the same day."
Doris, who was 22 at the time, married Lawrence Gregson, a 25 year old mechanical engineer & her elder sister Margaret, who was 24, tied the knot with 26 year old Clarence Corbishley at the same ceremony.
After the wedding in Cheetham Hill in Manchester, the sisters went their separate ways, Doris hopped on a bus to her new home in Macclesfield & Margaret headed over to Baguley.
Doris & Lawrence remained in Macclesfield during the war as Lawrence's skills as a mechanical engineer kept him away from the front line & building Lancaster Bombers at Woodford.
He also worked for the Home Guard in the evenings.
Shortly after the birth of Margaret & Clarence's first son, Michael, Clarence was called up to the air force & did not return for more than five years.
Margaret said: "The war office put off calling him until I had the baby because Michael was our first, then the next time he came home baby Michael was 6 1/2 yrs old.
"But we had lots & lots of letters between us, we loved each other very much."
Margaret, now 94, & Clarence, 96, eventually had 5 children while Doris, 92, & Lawrence, 95, had 2 children.
The couples, who have collectively been alive for 377 years, have a total of 24 grandchildren & 34 great-grandchildren between them.
They celebrated their joint wedding anniversary at The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, Victoria Road, Macclesfield.
Doris added,"We had a lovely day. It was nice to celebrate our 70th wedding anniversary all together."
"We've had a very happy life, it's all about give & take."

I love this article. What a perfect example of a fairytale ending. I can't even imagine us being apart for over 5 yrs. I admire their strength & example they've set 4 all us married couples out there that this is DEFINITELY possible. I love it!! :D What a GREAT story. :D

5 comments:

Isadora de Almeida said...

what a beautiful and lovely history.

Jihan said...

wow thats a long marriage... nice love story for real.

Loquibambia said...

amazing!

Rodeo Princess said...

Lovely story. And lovely blog. Thank you!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . . .thank you all 4 taking the time 2 read my blog posts. :D I love all happy endings!! :D