BloggerHood

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

FHE ACTIVITY: 'Where The Wild Things Are' :D

Yesterday we got up bright & early & did some cleaning around the house. We had planned a full day of activities w/the kids since it was a MONDAY (FHE) & they're off track right now so we were tons EXCITED!! :D We started out our day w/the cleaning, then decided that instead of driving 2 the District, we'd walk since it was so GORGEOUS out. You'd think we'd just walk there all the time since it's so close. Lol. But the weather had 2 do the persuading!! :D Anyways, it took us a WHOLE 5 minutes 2 get there. We purchased our tickets 4 the 1:20 showing. I now know the secret 2 taking kids 2 watch movies in an actual theater & I'm happy 2 share this secret w/you all. Lol. Are you ready?? Catch a matinee on a weekday & you'll, literally, be the only ones in the theater w/your kids so they can go as crazy as they want. You almost feel SPECIAL like you rented the theater out 4 just your little family cause there's no one else in there. :D We watched 'Where The Wild Things Are' & it was HILLARIOUS!! We enjoyed every minute of it. Our kids are growing up so fast & it's AMAZING 2 be able 2 notice things that seem so little, but I know that make such a BIG difference in their lives as well as my own. :D I found myself crackin' up w/the kids on different parts of the movie & then also looking over 2 my husband 2 see if he caught a certain part & he's looking over @ me @ the same time & we're both DYING laughing. :D Such GREAT memories that I will cherish 4ever & hope that my older kids will also remember. :D Life seems so scary these days w/all that's available @ the touch of a button. Our kids are definitely growing in a different day in age then when I was their age. And it was the same 4 when I was growing up in comparison 2 my parents' time. I love looking back & seeing how much mankind has come & I'm grateful 4 being able 2 see Heavenly Father's hand in every detail of it. Down 2 the very simplest, smallest thing. It keeps me SPEECHLESS. Anyways, I always get totally side-tracked. Lol.

After the movie we were all starving so we walked across the street 2 Red Robin & got some food. :D It was DELISH, but dessert was even BETTER!! :D After we ate, we headed out 4 our walk home. I can't believe how GORGEOUS the weather is right now. I love it so much!! :D We have definitely been out enjoying all the GREAT weather that we're able 2 enjoy here. :D Last week we were TUBING. This week we're taking little field trips & walking 2 get there. :D It's GREAT!! :D We came home & took a 2 hr break so that I could get some work done. Then we headed out the door 2 the rec 4 some raquet ball. We were all so EXCITED cause it was a 1st for all of us except Hoko. And he's only played it once when he was in jr high. Lol. We were a little bummed cause it was closed when we got there so we brought the kids home & Hoko & I headed back there 4 a GREAT workout. :D All in all. . . .yesterday's FHE activity day was filled w/GREAT fun & a lot of laughs!! Can't wait 4 'Where The Wild Things Are' 2 come out on dvd. Here's some pics that we seem 2 always go crazy on. . . . Enjoy. . . :D



































4 comments:

Line said...

Fi, sometimes I look at your family and can't believe you have SIX kids! Hahahaha. Such a beautiful family. :)

The baby is getting so big and I love that Aaliyah is taking a pic next to Jacob. Is she a Jacob fan too? LOL

Line said...

And BTW, you look GREAT!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha!! Thanx Line!! And yes, Aaliyah's a BIG Jacob fan. Yet, she knows nothing about the books. Lol. She just thinks he's HOTT!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How fun.....isn't family time just the best! Your kids are so lucky to have you guys...and especially that you're creating memories while they're young and teaching them the importance of family time. Fiona...you look AMAZING!!