BloggerHood

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2.0.1.4.

It's 2014!! I can't believe it's the start of another new year. I spent the night here at my parents place. Had to make a last minute trip here yesterday when I got a call from my mom that my kids that slept over her house had lice. OMG!! I was like, WTH?!?! Baby Hoko, Savou, Polu & Sila. And the girls hair was fine, but the boys?? I felt so bad for them. Even after shaving their heads bald, the lice were crawling all over their scalp. I've never seen it like that before. They must've had it for a while cause their heads were so infested. And yeah, as you can guess....they are all BALD!! All three boys. Even baby had it in his little tail. Ugh...it's all over and done with now, but I was exhausted afterwards and so we just spent the night. 

Hoko called last night a little before midnight so we can ring in 2014 together with the kids. Boooo!! Totally sucked. Lol. It's not the same as being together, but it's ok. We're both super grateful for his job and the financial security it provides our family. 

I got up this morning and made me some scrambled egg whites with spinach & Greek yogurt. And I also had it with a banana and two tall glasses of water. I missed my green smoothie, but my parents don't have a blender. It's ok. Gotta work with what I got. 


After breakfast I washed the dishes to kill time while my food settles. As soon as I was done, I headed out the door. I love that the Planet Fitness is so close to my parents house. Seriously like a three min drive. I downloaded the Jim Stoppani app on my phone so that my workouts are more easily accessible. 

Today's workout set was shoulders. And at the end of the shoulders set, or whatever main body part we're working out, we always end with two ab moves and one whole body move. It's crazy and I love it!! My abs have been sore all week. When I got to the gym, I was looking at my stomach and I swear I straight flexed me a hella thick 4-pack!! Lol. 



What a great way to start off the new year. Lol. Even tho this hard work started wayyyy before with the clean eating. I've been LOVING this Tabata Style Weights Blast workout this week. Even tho I'm so winded from the workouts, as soon as the timer goes off and it's time to go, I push out the next set cause I don't wanna fall short and not complete all eight rounds of each move. My shoulders were straight FIYAH from the very first move. The muscle exhaustion is so REAL with this workout routine. 


I was so happy to see these bad boys at the gym today. They also had kettle bells and resistance bands.  I did overhead throws and ball slams and wood chops. Aaaahhhhh!! I was sweatin!! 

Yesterday was legs day. I woke up this morning and Ash was saying how the back of her legs from top to bottom were sore. I was like not me. But I was still lying down. After I sent that text I stood up to go to the kitchen and OMG!! I almost fell back down. Lol. My hams and glutes were hella strained. Especially my hams. My glutes were like, borderline cramping with every step. Lol. Yeeee!! That's when you know the workouts are REAL and they're working!! I love when workout routines make me feel that way. I feel so accomplished in the gym. And just for myself. 

Anyways, I came back to my parents place and my parents were holding an FHE with the kids. They were going around sharing their goals for the new year as well as counseling them. Love my parents for making those things important. I was starving so I made me some egg whites oats with Greek yogurt, all natural peanut butter and cinnamon. It was ok. Lol. I'd rather be eating a fat, juicy protein style burger. Hahahaha!! Which I will when we get back home. 




The clean eating is continuing into 2014 and I'm so excited to lifestyle. Hoko's family has a New Years Day celebration at the church today, but I don't wanna take the kids over there while we're still cleaning out all their heads/hair. Ugh.... I know the kids would've had a blast. It's ok. I guess we'll celebrate when Hoko gets home. 





 

No comments: