BloggerHood

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Eight Is Great!!

Our baby girl, Sila, turned eight years old this past Thursday. We were able to take her favorite treats to her class for her to share with. 


I'm kinda back to using my Nikon now that I've taken an IG break. And I love it!! 




We also gathered the family together for a visit to Pa and brought cake, cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate her birthday since we're not sure how much longer he'll be with us. 


Red Velvet cake made from scratch. My first time making this kind of cake. It was a hit. I used Cake Boss's recipe and it turned out perfect. So moist and so delicious!! 






Cream cheese frosting!! Also CB's recipe!! This cake was amazing!! Definitely one of my faves!! Sila had a blast spending her birthday with her cousins!! 

She is looking forward to her baptism on Feb 1st and so are we. I'm so happy that it just so happened to land on Hoko's week off. It will be an amazing experience for her and the rest of our family. I can't wait. 

We got to attend the Eight Is Great fireside tonight where they shared all the details of this special day. We just have to finalize the time of her baptism next Sunday with the primary leaders. 


I have more pics from Sila's birthday on my camera that I'll upload soon from my laptop. In the mean time, you get to enjoy the ones off my phone. 





No comments: