BloggerHood

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Day Out!! We're On A Roll!! Lol. :D

So we started out our morning a little on the rough side since my kids seemed 2 have 4gotten that even though it's the weekend. . . .they still have chores. Lol. So I woke up 2 all of my kids wide awake & already starting their day off w/the Disney channel. So not a good sign. Lol. I had them turn off the tv, fold their blankets & return 'em 2 their rooms, wash up, eat breakfast & get started on their chores. Since we're pretty FIRM on them starting out their day w/breakfast & immediately followed by their chores before any tv watching or playing. . . . .they weren't allowed 2 watch tv 4 the rest of the day. :(

I know I know. . . .harsh. But we strongly believe in teaching our kids that their actions, whatever they are, always come w/consequences. Whether they be good or bad. And in this case. . .it wasn't very good. They spent the morning on chores & they did a FANTASTIC job. They immediately took 2 the outdoors & played outside on the trampoline & even helped my dad pull the weeds. :D They rode bikes in the front yard & came inside on occasion 2 refuel on some cantaloupe & rolls 4rom Costco. Which I must add are the BEST!! :D And usually when they're being punished in this way, they are constantly complaining & asking if they could please watch a movie & so forth. But I was quite impressed that that wasn't the case this time around. :D So as the sun was starting 2 go down, I called the kids into the house & told them 2 put their shoes on so we can head 2 the playground. :D

We had a BLAST there & I was even able 2 do my mile while they played!! :D It was GREAT. A life of a mother, right?? :D Filled w/nothing, but multi-tasking!! :D These past 2 days have definitely been FULFILLING 4 me since they have enabled me 2 be more ACTIVE. Something I'm used 2 BEING as a norm. Lol. I swear during these last couple of weeks left in my pregnancy, everything seems 2 be the EXCEPTION 2 the rule, which is weird. So not used my life being like that. But I'm not complaining. I have wayyyy too much 2 be grateful 4. :D Here's some pics 4rom our little adventure this evening. :D











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I'm so glad your able to be up and about, even though your due in like 3 weeks! ha ha Can't wait to see the little guy! :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I know, right?? Lol. I thought I was gonna have the baby @ the park w/how hard my stomach got. Hahaha

Line said...

Wow, Fi those are some GREAT pix! Did someone get a new camera? hahaha

You're a good mom for teaching your kids good habits. :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha!! No new camera sis. :D More like I've finally been messing around w/my IPHOTO editing skills on my comp. Lol.