BloggerHood

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Movie Days/Nights. . . .

After spending all morning & early afternoon cleaning up around the house & making sure the girls were getting their chores done, we thought it a GREAT idea 2 run 2 Hollywood Video & pick up some dvds. :D Over the weekend my sister inlaws were talking about a movie called, 'An American Crime.'

I had never heard of it before, but it sounded really good. So Hoko & I decided 2 pick it up 2day since I swear we've seen pretty much everything else. Lol. Well, our a/c has been out all weekend long & was finally fixed this evening. We have been BURNING up all weekend long. :( But thank goodness it's up & running so no complaints from this end. Lol. So we totally took our time @ the video store just browsing around while the kids were @ home w/my mom getting wet in the sprinklers & eating popsicles. Lucky ducks!! :D I would've been out there, too, but my prego self can't really stand having 2 change out of wet clothes. Ugh. . . .wayyyy too much work. Hahaha. . .

Anyways, I totally got off track. Lol. 'An American Crime' is definitely one of those movies that's 'ADULT ONLY.' It was so sad & my heart broke 4 Sylvia that she didn't have anyone 2 stick up 4 her. It was AMAZING 2 me that these kids thought it normal that she go thru everything she went thru. I don't want 2 give anything away 4 those of you who might just plan on watching it, but it's definitely horrifying what some people can do & even what some kids can do. :( I must say though that I felt very little compassion 4 her parents because I couldn't relate 2 how their thinking could cause them 2 be 'OKAY' w/leaving their kids w/complete strangers. I don't care how nice people seem 2 come off. Anyway, it's out on dvd so 4 those of you who want to watch a movie that's based on a true story, here it is.

We ended the night on a lighter note by watching 'The Proposal'

I love Sandra Bullock so I knew it was going 2 be GREAT!! They did FANTASTIC & it is such a CUTE & HILLARIOUS movie. :D Definitely a 2 thumbs up!! :D And I'm a sucker 4 happy endings so it was a PERFECT way 2 end our night. My husband goes back 2 work 2morrow from his 4 day weekend & even tho I'm a bit sad. . . . I loved every minute of having him here!! Except maybe 4 when he was on his PS3. Hahahaha. . . . .Me & that stupid Playstation are #1 enemies!! Lol. I swear if it didn't have BluRay on it, I would've already sold it on KSL. Lol. I'm EXCITED 4 another GREAT week & hope 2 keep motivating this baby w/mile runs & house cleaning 2 come out into the world & join us all. Lol. Til then. . . .this is us & our lives. Enjoy!! :D

2 comments:

Line said...

Ooooo, The Proposal is out on DVD? I've been wanting to see it SO bad. I might just have to make a stop at Blockbuster tomorrow!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

It's actually not. Lol. There's this online website where we watch movies 4 free on. I'll text you the url. lol.