BloggerHood

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Already Heading Back 2 School. . . . :D

Summer still seems 2 be in 'FULL SWING' & yet we're already preparing 2 send the girls back 2 school. :D They start this coming up Monday & are wayyy EXCITED 2 head back. What can I say?? I have kids in school, so far, that just LOVE getting an EDUCATION. Lol. So I figured I better CHERISH these times 4 as long as they last. :D

We kicked off the summer w/a camp 2 Bear Lake. :D Which I must admit, was DEFINITELY the HIGHLIGHT of this summer. :D After coming home all mosquito bitten up, lol, we filled the rest of the coming weeks w/trips 2 our rec center pool as well as 2 our local parks. :D We had a trip planned 2 Cali, but had 2 cancel cause my pregnancy is too far along. We might just have 2 re-schedule that trip 4 Labor Day weekend since that'll be the next holiday weekend 4 my husband & the girls. :D

With only 2 weeks left til I reach my due date. . . .I've been a bit miserable lately. Lol. I'm happy 2 report that I have changed my outlook on it & have a much more positive attitude ever since starting 2 read 'Redefining Joy' by Chris Stewart. It's our online book club book of the month 4 our Relief Society. It's a very small & short read, but boy is it filled w/some AWESOME information & inspiration 4 that matter. The author talks about being in the Air Force & having 2 travel around the world a lot. On one of his trips, he was missing his wife & kids a lot & was excited 2 be heading home, but got detoured 2 the Phillipines 4 a couple of more days 2 fix one of the aircrafts. He goes on 2 explain his sour mood when he checked into one of the hotels downtown. He had a long list of complaints from the bugs 2 being tired 2 wanting 2 be w/his family & so forth. . . . .well when he finally gets 2 his hotel room, he walks over 2 his window 2 close the curtains so he can take a nap & there behind the hotel he sees a high, chain-linked fence where families were living all along the sides of the canal - some in cardboard houses, some in tents & many in the open. He watches a young mother as she washes her daughter's face & hair w/the filthy water that was rushing from a pipe feeding into the canal & remembers that he's tired, but not hungry, w/a headache, but otherwise healthy & very happy that he was going home 2 the United States. Land of plenty & land of freedom. :D

While reading this passage in this book, I was touched & reminded of how much MORE I have 2 be grateful 4. I have 2 more weeks of pregnancy & I get 2 stay home. In an air conditioned home w/all the comforts & necessities of life that I need. I have a hard working & loving husband that wakes up every morning @ 5 am, 6 days a week & heads off 2 work 2 provide 4 our family & has never once complained about it. :D Okay okay. . .so maybe he complains about the commute, but then he always says that it's worth it so that he can be home w/us. Lol. And I have 5 very HEALTHY & ACTIVE kids who hardly ever get sick & are pretty well behaved, 4 the most part (lol), & get their chores done on a daily basis. I have the opportunity of having my parents stay w/us, which helps out TREMENDOUSLY since they get 2 be the DESIGNATED babysitters 4 those nights that my husband & I just need 2 get out & be alone w/each other. :D And I have many more 2 list & while re-reading all these things. . . .I'm in awe that I even have anything @ all 2 complain about. I have a WONDERFUL life & am grateful 4 everything that comes w/it. The trials/tribulations of these last days, the blessings that come when we endure til the end, the teachings of these wonderful authors who are able 2 put into words gospel principles that remind us of the VERY reason we are here on earth & especially 4 a loving Heavenly Father that continually blesses our lives in ways that we can't even comprehend sometimes.

Today has been an eye opening day 4 me & I'm eternally grateful 4 all that life has 2 offer. Whether they be bad or good. I was able 2 do my mile run 2day & am hoping 2 keep it up until the birth of this, our newborn son. :D We're so EXCITED 4 his debut & are GRATEFUL 4 the opportunity 2 be entrusted by the Lord w/these beautiful little blessings of ours. :D With that said, I have 2 months worth of Ensign (Jul/Aug) 2 catch up on. . . .And remember that families are forever & that every worth of soul is great in the sight of the Lord. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a post! Lol Definitely an eye opener! I really need to be more grateful for everything that I have been blessed with, goo or bad! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Tina Tuakoi said...

Great post, couldn't agree more with you and Sheena. There too much to be grateful for! We're all extremely blessed! :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanx guys!! I'm glad it wasn't just an eye opener 4 me. :D