BloggerHood

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy 24th Of July Utah!! :D




I woke up early early in the morning. . . .like @ 5 am?? :D To make my hubby's lunch & chit chat the morning away w/him before he took off 2 work. :D One of the HIGHLIGHTS of my day. . . . :D As soon as he was out the door, I heard one of my kids up & about in the laundry room. It turned out 2 be Aaliyah drying her bathing suit so that it can be ready 4 when they take off 2 the parade w/my parents. And I thought 2 myself, "Wow, they're growing up so fast. Already doing their own laundry??" I'm definitely a 'PROUD MOTHER' :D Salote & Polu Marie made their way upstairs soon after & headed straight 2 the bathroom 2 get all cleaned up & ready 2 head 2 the park. After fixing up their hair, they were off 2 the park w/my parents @ around 6:30 am. :D

I stayed back w/my 2 monsters 2 await their awakening & knocked back out. Lol. They finally woke up @ around 10:30 & we were up & getting ready 2 head downtown as well. We got there around 12:30-1. It would've been a lot sooner, but w/my having 2 carry around this package in my belly 24/7. . . .it takes a lot longer 4 me 2 get places. Hahaha. . . .we finally arrived & my sister & her family were already there w/the bbq started & all. And I must say that it was some GREAT bbq & my sister's pasta salad CANNOT be beat!! Lol. We chilled @ the park all day & I was so GRATEFUL 4 the overcast weather that we were able 2 enjoy along w/the cool breeze that came along w/it. If not 4 this, I don't think I would've lasted as long as I did. :D We RELAXED all day long.







Every year we sit in the same spot. Along 500 E & close to 900 S. While we were chatting it up, we see a whole bunch of police cars/motorcycles driving along 5th E followed by a bunch of tow trucks. Now keep in mind that the police have never enforced the 'No Parking' signs that are all along the east side of 5th E, but out of nowhere, w/out any kind of warning, they just started towing all the vehicles away. I was truly amazed. A lot of the vehicles that were towed belonged 2 families that lived in the homes right along this street. We witnessed one older couple, probably in their late 50's early 60's, whose vehicle had gotten towed & that was their only vehicle. They were asking the cops where the tow place was located & then they started walking that way. :( How sad is that?? If my vehicle had been one of those that had gotten towed. . . .you better believe that I so would've contacted Gephardt. So not kidding. He's that guy on channel 2 that has that show called 'Get Gephardt.' He's totally 4 the people & when situations arise, he's all over it. I mean, don't you think they should've had some type of forewarning on the news 2 let us know that they will be enforcing this 'No Parking' zone on Pioneer Day when it hasn't been enforced in YEARS!! I was so upset. The cops seemed more interested in meeting their end of the month quota then really caring about what they said they were doing. Funny thing is. . . .they only towed away a certain # of vehicles & the rest were just ticketed. So everyone parked on 500 E had the same violation, but only a few were chosen 2 be towed away. How pathetic!! And I'm not one 2 ever question the law!! But this act 4rom our law enforcement that I witnessed yesterday was definitely not one of their strong points. :(




We continued 2 enjoy the rest of our day after witnessing that fiasco & hope & pray that everyone whose vehicle got towed away were able 2 recover them. When it hit about 5:30 pm, we were pretty much all pooped & packed up our stuff & headed home. I'm so happy I was able 2 be out w/the kids & my family yesterday 2 enjoy & celebrate the festivities of Pioneer Day. I also saw on the news before I left my house that our parade is the 3rd largest in the nation. How cool is that?? Just an interesting fact that I learned about yesterday & thought 2 share & leave w/you all @ the ending of this post. :D 'Happy 24th Of July Utah!!' Here's the Mormon Youtube Message 4 this wonderful holiday that we celebrate every year.


No comments: