BloggerHood

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

'The Soloist' or 'Obsessed'??



Last Saturday Hoko & I planned a day of movie hoppin' @ the 'infamous' District.  Lol.  We started out by watching 'Obesessed' starring Beyonce Knowles, Idris Elba, & Ali Larter.  The movie turned out 2 be OKAY. . . . .I felt that Beyonce would've been MUCH more interesting playing the part of the stalker instead of the perfect WIFEY, which she already is in real life.  I thought that Ali Larter wasn't psycho ENOUGH.  Lol.  Especially since the movie was compared 2 the likes of 'Fatal Attraction.'  That movie is wayyyy PSYCHO/CRAZY!!  

We also watched 'The Soloist.'  This 1 got a rating of 'GOOD.'  It wasn't 'GREAT,'  which is what we were both expecting it 2 be.  I thought that maybe it was just cause we were both so tired & yet we were still being die hard & catching the late show.  Lol.  But when I got the text from Kass the following night & her opinion reflected exactly what we thought about it as well, my feelings were confirmed.  :(  Aside 4rom not being able 2 enjoy a really GREAT movie that day, all in all, it was an AWESOME day/night just being able 2 spend it w/my husband.  

It was our last weekend 2gether before he returned 2 work yesterday.  He has been home 4 almost 5 months & was very EAGER 2 get back 2 work.  We have been very blessed 2 have him home 4 the time being since he commutes w/a couple of his co-workers every morning 4 a drive that's a little over an hour commute.  :D  Not bad @ all.  :D  He works 4 a company where they are usually gone out of state 4 pretty much half the year or more & then during their slow season, which is during the winter months, they are home.  We learned a lot this time around about what our PRIORITIES need 2 be & are very OPTIMISTIC & DETERMINED 2 do things differently now.  We find it very EXCITING 2 look back on our journey so far & learn 4rom our mistakes so as 2 not make them again.  :D  

1 comment:

Kassie said...

Yah I was SO disappointed in the Soloist! I wanted it to be good SO badly! LOL. Oh well! Ray thought it was scary! Haha After your text about Obsessed, I'll totally wait till I can get a free copy... :)