BloggerHood

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spiritual High = Higher Life
















After being able 2 witness our many GREAT & WONDERFUL leaders this past weekend give counsel & direction 2 us all during General Conference, I must say that I have come out with an attitude of PURE LOVE.  I am very grateful 4 the opportunity of living here in Salt Lake City, where the church is headquartered & where our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, resides.  I was deeply touched by many of the different messages that were shared & very MOVED 2 WANT 2 do more.  2 not settle 4 just being comfortable with the way my life is right now.  

I have been on a waiting list with my local library 4 the Book of Mormon on audio & my turn came up yesterday.  :D  My week was DEFINITELY already starting on a GREAT note.  :D  My goal with getting the audio cd's was 2 import it onto my ITUNES so that I can sync it 2 my ipod & listen 2 it while I workout.  I'm HAPPY 2 say that I just finished importing the last disc 2 my ITUNES as of this morning.  All 23 of them.  Lol.  It was definitely worth it!!  :D  

Another goal that my husband & I set was 2 attend the temple everyday this week.  :D  I'm happy 2 say that we woke up BRIGHT & EARLY this morning & got ourselves ready & headed 2 the Jordan Temple.  It was an EXTREMELY busy morning @ the temple & so EXCITING 2 see the Lord's work moving 4ward.  We stay here in South Jordan & are the only city in the world 2 have 2 temples.  It's an AMAZING blessing.  :D  And one we try not 2 take advantage of.  :D  

We got home in time 2 get the kids ready 4 'Funny Bunny Story Time' @ the Riverton Library.  Because I had class last night, we weren't able 2 have our Family Home Evening so we planned it 4 today instead.  :D  'Funny Bunny Story Time' is filled with GREAT stories being told, singing & dancing the wiggles out of the kids & crafts @ the end.  We all had a blast interacting with each other & spending our FHE activity there.  It was GREAT!!  :D  It's focused on ages 18 mo-3 yrs old, but my 3 older ones came in & had wayyy MORE fun than the 2 younger ones.  Lol.  It was GREAT!!  The kids made there Easter Egg Baskets & we'll be debuting their art work as soon as we figure out which window it's going 2 be hung on.  :D  

We've definitely been enjoying the AWESOME weather outside these past couple of days so it's been great.  Hoko & I have started reading the Book of Mormon, again, & are EXCITED 4 all that we're able 2 take from it & apply into our own personal & family lives.  The blessings that are promised 2 those that STUDY & BELIEVE in the principles that are being taught in this WONDERFUL book are AMAZING & ENDLESS.  We love the Lord with all our hearts & give thanks & praise 2 only Him.  4 it is only through Christ that we can be saved & have everlasting life.  This past weekend has definitely put us on a 'Spiritual High'  which definitely creates a 'Higher Life' 4 all those that seek after it.  On that note. . . .I'm going 2 head back outside & jump on the trampoline with the kids cause it's soooo GORGEOUS outside & I can't resist!!  Lol.  

6 comments:

Mahe Clan said...

WOW!! YOU GUYS ARE DEFINETLY DOIN GOOD THINGS!! WOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY BABIES TO GET A LITTLE BIT BIGGER TO DO FUN THINGS WHERE THEY WILL ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE! LOL YOU N UR HUSBAND ARE DEFINETLY EXAMPLES FOR MY HUSBAND AND I. LOVE YA FIONA

Kassie said...

You guys are so cute! Way to stick to your goals and thanks for being a good example- I'll see you in a bit my dear friend. Like, Lani, I can't wait till my babies are old enough to do fun things like this with.. Love you guys!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . . you guys are too cute!! You two are AWESOME mothers & you guys are GREAT!! :D Can't wait 2 Zumba 2night!! Woo hoo!! :D

Anonymous said...

So cute, your family home evening at the Riverton Library! :) Such awesome goals you guys have set! Nick and I, have also started reading the Book of Mormon again.. It just brings us that much closer to our Heavenly Father, and to each other as well! :) We are definitely on that Spiritual High! YAY! LOL..

Line said...

Way to go Fi! You guys are such a cute family! I tell myself all the time that I can't take living near a temple for granted because SO MANY are not blessed to live near a temple... And wow, when I learned this past general conference that South Jordan is the only city in the world with TWO temples, I was astonished. I heart the temple! :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanx guys!! We're definitely not taking advantage of our journey ahead!! :D We're too overjoyed & excited 2 accomplish these goals. I definitely HEART the temple as well. :D