BloggerHood

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Adding On 2 Our Already Busy Lives. . . . . :D

It is DEFINITELY going 2 be a FUN & BUSY summer.  We are so ready 4 it!!  :D  We're signing Polu Marie & Sila up 4 soccer 2day which starts next week.  We haven't told them yet & probably won't until their 1st practice next week Monday.  They'll be involved in that twice a week, Mon & Wed from 1-2 pm.  Polu is still involved in her gymnastics as well & we were thinking of getting Sila signed up, too, but have decided 2 not put her in too many things.  Lol.  We're signing Lote up 4 her Cheerleading class that she's been waiting so patiently 2 start.  We haven't told her, either, but she starts next Saturday.  :D  Aaliyah's still going strong w/the Sunshine Generation Group.  In June she will be starting a Skate Camp.  No. . . .not ice skating or roller skating.  But 'SkateBoarding'  She's been asking Hoko & I 2 get her a skateboard because she would love 2 learn more about 'em & how 2 ride 'em.  My nieces & nephew have 'em & she rides theirs all the time.  Her & Lote have been doing their end of the year testing yesterday & today & based on what their scores are from it will determine if we sign them up 4 Skate Camp & Cheerleading during the summer months.  If the scores aren't as good as they should be. . . . .then we will be putting them in summer school.  :D  We're BIG believers of teaching our children self discipline.  :D  

And all these activities will be add-ons 2 what each of our girls are already involved in.  We're so EXCITED 4 them !!  :D  I love that they're growing up & am very GRATEFUL 2 have the extra help around the house.  I'm PROUD 2 say that I no longer have 2 wash the dishes EVERRR because we've taught our 2 eldest girls how 2 rinse the dishes, load the dishwasher, & where the cleaning agent goes.  Their 1st week of taking care of dishes was last week & they are definitely going STRONG.  They don't ever complain because of the fact that they see how much of a help it is 2 me that they've taken on this task.  I'm happy 2 report that they are very WILLING 2 do their part in our ever growing family.  And they feel more of an importance when they know that they each have different roles 2 fulfill as well as having the feeling of being able 2 help out.  It's an AWESOME thing 2 watch & be a part of.  :D   This weekend I'll be teaching them how 2 do laundry.  Their own, of course.  Lol.  I would never be that CRUDE as 2 have them be in charge of the whole family's.  Or maybe it's my fear that all my WHITEY WHITES have the slightest possibility of coming out pink.  Hahaha!!  I love being a mother & seeing how the never ending teachings in life benefit me so much.  I feel like I'm the 1 that learns the most.  Just watching them & even hearing them talk 2 each other.  It's amazing the things they talk about amongst each other & even 2 me.  Lol. All these add-ons may be adding on 2 our already busy lives, but I'm sure that they're teaching us all in our family very important principles in life.  The 1 single most principle that I know will benefit us all most is HARD WORK.   I know 4 sure that someone who knows how 2 work hard will always come out on top.  :D  

2 comments:

Line said...

Wow, your girls are gonna be so BUSY! That's awesome! I used to complain about all the things my mom made me sign up for (piano, jazz classes, hula classes, speech & debate, etc., etc., etc.), but looking back... It was good for me... And your girls will grow to be talented, accomplished girls and be grateful to you like I'm grateful to my mom. :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww. . . .thanx sis!! Funny you mentioned that 1 word our kids have been totally missing out on which is, 'GRATEFUL' Lol. I had 2 have a heart 2 heart w/them the other day about it. Hahaha!! But we're all on the same page now & it REALLY does work. . . .having like a family mission statement/goal that we're all working 2wards. Funny 2 see how they care so much 2 be a part of things that are simple, yet so critical in life 4 their success. :D