BloggerHood

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mondays Were Made 2 Be Crazy, Right?

I love the start of a new week because it just seems that we can always strive 2 be better & do & learn new things.  Mondays are always REFRESHING 4 me in the sense that I wake up w/that feeling I experience after it rains & I look outside & see a whole new world.  Clean & ready 2 venture out on new beginnings.  

So this morning I got up & the girls wanted 2 dress & get themselves ready 4 school & I was all 4 it. Especially since it gives me another GOOD 30 minutes of sleeping in before I absolutely have 2 get up & start my day.  Lol.  But as they're getting older, I've noticed how this little simple act of letting them get themselves dressed & even fixing their own hair has helped them take another step 2wards INDEPENDENCE.  I love it & am all 4 it!!  :D  After they were ready, we did our normal morning prayer & were off 2 drop them off 2 school.  On Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays, I head straight 2 water aerobics after I drop them off 4 an hour workout which I look 4ward 2 all the time.  :D  As soon as I got out, I looked @ my phone & had a missed call 4rom our home # w/a voice mail left as well.  I checked it & it was my mom telling me that Titan was missing.  That one of the kids must've opened the door & let him out w/out putting his leash on.  

I rushed home an hour after this message was left & he still hadn't returned.  I drove around our WHOLE neighborhood looking 4 him w/no such luck.  I humbly said a prayer that I would be able 2 find him or that he would find his way back home.  :(  2 1/2 hours had passed & there still weren't any signs of Titan.  I called around 2 the animal control centers not only in my city, but also in the nearby cities.  Nobody had picked him up.  I was so upset & so sad.  I said one last prayer before walking out 2 the backyard 2 get some fresh air & lo & behold. . . .who comes trotting into the yard w/absolutely no worries in the world & breathing EXTREMELY hard, which meant that he was really really TIRED??  You guessed it!!  Our son, Titan.  Lol.  I was so happy & so relieved that he found his way back 2 us cause I was honestly starting 2 think that he ran away & that wouldn't be a good sign cause that would've told us that he wasn't happy w/us.  

About 30 minutes later, I get a call 4rom Lote's school informing me that she had a huge bump on her leg & that she was complaining that it was aching.  So I headed 2 the school & went & saw her in the office.  She had a spider bite that had swelled up & because it was still aching, I checked her out & came home w/her.  It's not the 1st time this has happened.  My kids have really sensitive skin & when they get spider bites or even mosquito bites, it swells up a lot.  We were only home 4 a good half hour when Lote asked if I could take her back 2 school cause her leg wasn't aching anymore & she was bored.  I told her no & that maybe next time she would try 2 tough it out 4 as long as she could since the pain in her leg ended up going away not too long afterward.  I also had her get started on her chores a lot earlier since she was home & complaining about being bored.  Lol.  She cleaned her room & unloaded the dishwasher & then she was off 2 the backyard 2 jump on the trampoline w/her younger siblings.  :D  

Before I knew it, it was time 2 pick up Aaliyah 4rom school.  She told me about her day on the way home, which was nice since it was just the 2 of us.  All you parents out there know how it feels 2 have more than 1 child all talking over each other because they all want 2 share their day w/you & want your attention on them & no one else.  So I cherished every minute of our drive home w/her.  Lol.  Aaliyah put her school things away in her room & got started on her chores immediately when a doorbell rang @ the door.  Aaliyah ran 2 check it & I heard some of our neighbor's kids saying that they brought Titan back cause he was just sitting in their front yard.  And they recognized him & brought him back 2 us.  Can you believe it?  My kids let him out TWICE in ONE day.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing until Titan came trotting in 4rom the front door & into our living room.   I was too numb 2 even feel anything.  

As soon as Hoko got home I unravelled our eventful day 2 him as we headed 2 the store 2 grab some things 2 make 4 dinner.  He couldn't believe it, either.  Lol.  2day was definitely a CRAZY Monday 4 me.  Definitely an emotional roller coaster.  Lol.  We ended it w/a DELICIOUS dinner & an even MORE mouth-watering dessert!!  It was GREAT!!  These are the days that remind me how much I love being a mother.  All the CRAZINESS & CHAOS that comes w/the title is what makes the memories even that much more MEMORABLE!!  :D  I can't imagine having it any other way.  :D  I'm very GRATEFUL 4 all that I have.  

No comments: