BloggerHood

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Tribute 2 My Mom. . . . .


So I know I'm totally late w/my tribute 2 my mom, but I had 2 do one anyway.  This woman that gave me life has always been there 4 me thru everything that life has thrown my way.  She's loved me thru all the trials & tribulations that I've had 2 overcome & even the ones that I failed @ miserably.  Lol.  She has taught me how 2 be a mother, wife, daughter, sister & a member of society.  I love her so much & am very GRATEFUL that she's still w/us 2day.  

Aaliyah was asked 2 speak this past Sunday about 'MOTHERS' & as soon as she opened her mouth & started her talk, my mom was already in tears.  Her love 4 her grandchildren is very EVIDENT & her love 4 her own children is just as STRONG.  My dad always says how he never thought he could love more than how he loves his own children, but that all changed when he became a grandfather.  He says how he loves them even MORE.  Lol.  But mom's always been different.  The love she has 4 us, her own children, has always & will always be as much love as she has 4 her grandchildren.  Aaliyah ended her talk by singing the 1st verse of 'Love Is Spoken Here'  I'm gonna end w/the lyrics of that song cause it so explains the LOVE of a MOTHER perfectly. 

'Love Is Spoken Here'

I see my mother kneeling
With our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers
As she bows her head to pray.

Her plea to the Father
Quiets all my fears.
And I am thankful
Love is spoken here.

I hope & pray that all you mothers had a WONDERFUL & GLORIOUS Mother's Day & that you are not only remembered on this GREAT day, but are shown APPRECIATION throughout your lives 4 all the things that you do that no amount of money can ever repay.  :D

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Aw it's never too late to pay tribute to your Mom :) Nice post sis... I bet Aaliyah's performance and talk was beautiful as well. Hope Titan is behaving today for you! Hahaha

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Hahaha!! Yeah, Titan is being an angel 2day!! Lol. We had a talk w/him yesterday. We see eye to eye now. Hahahaha!! We're always proud of our kids when they get a chance 2 share their talent. It was a wonderful Mother's Day!! :D

Line said...

What a sweet post, fi. I love your mom and yes, her love for her grandchildren is SO obvious.

Aaliyah's talk must have been so precious. :) She's such a good girl and so mature for her age.

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanx Line!! Aaliyah's talk really was precious. :D They really do grow up wayyy too fast!!