BloggerHood

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning Is In The Air. . . . . :D

I am so HAPPY w/the way the weather has been this past week so far that we OFFICIALLY started our 'SPRING CLEANING' yesterday!!  Woo hoo!!  Lol.  Our vacuum has been out of service 4 the past week & a half & I've been literally DISGUSTED w/our upstairs living room.  Ugh. . . .When I finally got home yesterday 4rom running errands in Salt Lake & planning our Mother's Day weekend w/my sister, I marinated our ground beef 4 some juicy & oh so tasty teriyaki burgers. . . . . .I decided 2 tackle the living room 1st.  I got our broom out of the pantry & started sweeping my heart out.  Lol.  It took me an hour & a half 2 get it all clean & refreshed!!  :D  

Aaliyah & Lote were assigned the kitchen, which I must say, they did a FANTASTIC job!!  :D  Lote unloaded/loaded the dishwasher while Aaliyah wiped our dinette set down as well as the countertops.  I ran 2 the store 2 grab some Febreeze as well as those things 2 get pet hairs off of furniture, clothing, etc. . . . .When I got home, Hoko was all over the yard mowing it.  :D  I was so HAPPY!!  I thought that maybe he'd be too tired since he'd been up since 4 am 2 get ready 4 work & didn't get home until 7 pm.  I'm definitely PROUD of my hardworker!!  :D  I unzipped the covers 4 our cushions on our couch & threw them in the washer, set it 2 'HAND WASH' mode & let her rip.  Lol.  My only mistake was throwing them in the dryer afterwards cause there was some type of wax that melted in the dryer.  Ooops!!  And this is the 2nd time I've done this.  :(  The 1st time was w/the covers 4 our sectional.  Lucky thing this mistake wasn't as BIG as the 1st one.  So we took 'em out of the dryer when they were done & zipped 'em back on & they're as good as new.  Lol.  At least they are 2 me.  Hahahaha!!  I also tackled getting ALL bazillion of Titan's hair off of the couches.  Hoi. . . . .I can't believe how much hair our son can shed especially w/him being a short-haired dog.  Lol.  But my husband has assigned our girls 2 take turns daily in brushing Titan's hair out in the backyard in order 2 keep him well groomed as well as keep his hair off of our furniture & clothes.  :D

We finally sat down 2 dinner & chowed down on some teriyaki burgers & french fries.  It was a great day/night & the kids went 2 sleep w/out any fuss 4rom the long day of SPRING CLEANING.  :D  It gave Hoko & I a chance 2 talk about our day & 2 just continue 2 keep that open line of communication which I CHERISH so much in our marriage.  I booked an appointment w/Stanley Steemers 2 come in Friday between 9am-noon 2 carpet clean our living room, hallway, & staircase.  Woo hoo!!  :D  With 5 very healthy & active kids, a dog, parents, & a brother all under the same roof??  We've decided it best 2 carpet clean our home @ least once every 2 months.  Lol.  Or even once a month.  We'll see how it goes. . . . . This was our 1st day of SPRING CLEANING as of yesterday that I wanted 2 share.  2day's going 2 be even more GORGEOUS than yesterday so we might make a SWIM day out of it or we may just go hang out @ the park.  And yet I'm still waiting 4 my son 2 wake up.  Lol.  With this beautiful weather we get 2 enjoy this week, I might have 2 plan on a hike.  :D  This is us & a peak into our lives!!  :D  Enjoy!!

No comments: