BloggerHood

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Night To Remember

Last month I found myself perusing the LDS.org site checking for events that would be held in honor of the 24th of July celebrations. I came across a concert being held on the 22nd by the Tabernacle Choir & thought it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of that my two older girls & I could enjoy. And with the tickets being FREE, that just added an extra incentive to the already pleasure of being in the presence of such a world renowned choir. I thought to myself that I should request an extra one in case my dad wanted to attend since anyone that really knows him, knows that he's their BIGGEST fan!! :D

So the way things work is that you are able to request tickets & then it's a waiting game to see if you've actually been picked to receive them in the mail. And you don't know until you actually get them. So a couple of weeks went by & I totally forgot about them until yup. . . .you guessed it. They arrived in my mailbox safe & sound. I was so excited!! I called my dad to see if he wanted to join us & he excitedly accepted the invitation. Then he went on to ask how in the world I got the tix?? I explained to him that I just requested them online last month & that I absolutely got LUCKY!! :D

A couple of days before the concert, I was already dreading thinking about walking downtown in the dreadful heat. My feet & legs were swollen & I was just miserable. I asked my dad if he would be okay to just take my girls himself & maybe go with my mom if she was available. My dad said it was no problem. But my mom had too much homework to get done so she arranged for my niece, Tasha, to join them instead. When the girls got back that night, they were just filled with pure happiness & excitement. My daughter, Lote, said that the tickets I had gotten were really good seats & my dad echoed the very same thing. I felt such deep gratitude in my heart & knew that the Lord was mindful of me & my growing family & I uttered a silent prayer in my heart giving thanks for all that they were able to enjoy. The girls' experience made them feel special. There was a sparkle in their eyes when they returned that lingered on for the rest of the night. This was something they weren't accustomed to, but they enjoyed it very much. And the quality time & memories created with their grandpa was unforgettable & priceless. My dad also told me that the impression I had received to not go was definitely a good one cause he didn't think I would've made just the walk alone. Downtown was packed & they had to park quite far from the Conference Center. Again, I was silently grateful for the promptings of the spirit on my behalf & for being able to have heeded it's guidance.

Heading out to the concert w/their grandpa :D


All ready to go!! They were so EXCITED!! :D


Well, it wasn't all boring & nothingness for me & the younger kids. We planned a dinner out @ Chili's with the younger ones & grandma. My mom didn't want them to just be home while the older ones got to enjoy a night out on the town. :D It's these kinds of things that make me ever so grateful for such caring parents. They would sacrifice ALL for their grandkids. I know that I take advantage of them more so than should be acceptable, but I'm learning as I get older to cherish the moments I'm able to spend with them. And especially the moments my kids are able to spend with them. They absolutely LOVE my parents & at times feel lost without them.

Dinner w/grandma @ Chili's

Surprise kisses for mommy. . . .Told him to say CHEESE & instead he gave me kisses!! Priceless. . . :D


Savou's totally being modest. :D

Savou punched baby Hoko in the nose just as I was taking this pix!! Hoi. . .

My handsome 24/7 helper!! :D

Savou totally complaining cause the food is taking too long to get to us. Lol. We really didn't wait long at all, but to him, it was FOREVER!!


He's a happy camper now!! :D


This night was definitely a night to remember. Even though I wasn't in attendance with my girls at the concert, the look that remained on their faces when they got back was unforgettable. And the time I got to spend with my mom was definitely appreciated. Even with Savou climbing all over the place, making all the noises in the world that you'd hope he wouldn't for just this one night & then to top it off with his adamant plea to leave the restaurant when you're barely digging into your meal?? Lol. It was still a GREAT night with thee BEST company I could ever hope for. :D

1 comment:

Line said...

what a great activity for your dad and his grand daughters to do! i have requested tix from TS a couple times and have never gotten lucky but hopefully one day i will. hahaha