BloggerHood

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend/Summer Fun!! :D

Pineview Reservoir

The weekend's not over yet, but we've been having so much fun together. And by 'we' I'm referring to me & my kids. Oh & my nieces & nephews as well. :D The kids have been counting down the days til the release of the Harry Potter movie. And yet I had no clue. Lol. My sister called me earlier this week to see if I wanted to take Aaliyah to the premier of this movie this weekend cause she was taking Cedez. I told her it's okay cause I hadn't heard Aaliyah mention anything about it. Plus, I really wanted to spend time with ALL my kids & I'm not willing to pay for all of US to watch movies @ the megaplex. Too dang expensive!! That only happens when Hoko's home. Which seems to NEVER be during the summer time so we can HIT up the drive inns instead. Anyways, that very same day that my sister called me, I was sitting with the kids in the living room doing homework & the preview for the movie came on. . . . .after it was done, they all turned to me & said, "We're watching that this weekend right mom??" I was like, really?? You guys really wanna watch this movie?? And in unison they all replied, "YES!!" Hahaha!! So I decided to take it to the drive inns where we can take our own food, set up our own blankets & pillows, make as much noise as we want in our van, & most of all. . . . . .it won't cost us an arm & a leg. With of course the bonus being that we get to watch two movies instead of just one. :D


My CUTIE, Savou!! :D

We got to the drive inns a WHOLE hour & a half before the movie started

Baby Hoko cheesin'

Everyone waited ever so patiently. . . . :D My handsome nephews, Gemini & Sale

Posers. . . .

Me with ten of the kids. . . .the eleventh one is taking this pix!! Lol.

So I called my sister up yesterday cause I knew that her & her husband were attending a funeral for a death in the family (her husband's side), to see if they were taking their kids with them. She said most likely not so I volunteered my services in taking all five of her kids along with my six. WOW!! Hahahaha. . . . .as crazy as it sounds, the only thing I hadn't thought about was how we were all gonna fit. Hoi!! But we did & towards the end of Harry Potter, which was our first movie, all the younger kids were sound asleep. Thank goodness. We were able to enjoy our second movie, Green Lantern, in peace. No bathroom runs, breaking up fights, cleaning up spills, changing diapers, etc. . . . .we got to just LOUNGE around & literally enjoy the second movie. :D We had such a blast, even with eleven kids in tow. But I probably won't be doing that again. And only because I don't have enough room for them to ride comfortably in to & from where ever it is we go.

These three were excited that movie finally started!! Lol.

Snacks & drinks in the cooler ready to go!! :D

So intense!! Lol.

Still in one piece!! Hahaha. . . .

After we dropped my nieces & nephews off at home, we drove back here to Ogden to OUR home. We didn't get here til after three. And surprisingly, I still had enough energy to carry my three younger ones to their beds, bring in our cooler, chairs & blankets, & clean out the van. I've kinda been going thru this phase of being OCD about keeping our van clean. I'm the same way about our home, but our minivan's much more compact in size to be able to stay on top of so I pick the van. It has a lot to do with the fact that my kids just can't clean the way I like things to be cleaned so I've given up on the fact that it'll ever be that way between now & Oct. My due date. I can't wait for it to hurry up & get here. And yet we're still evidently in July. Lol.


The view while we're driving!! :D Isn't it beautiful?? :D

Well, on to the next. Today started off kinda late in the morning. I didn't wake up until 10 am. And it wasn't by choice. It was to Savou's every morning plea to please fill up his cup. :D So I happily get up for him cause he's such a CUTIE & so innocent in his plea for his cup to be filled up!! :D It's also one of the very few things that'll make his dad jump up & run as quickly as he can to fulfill his baby's request. Lol. After doing that, I knew that Savou was up for good. But he was still a little lazy so we laid in bed for another hour or so before actually really getting up for the day. I promised the girls that we'd go to the library today since we didn't make it there yesterday. They had books that needed to be returned & they also wanted to pick up some new ones. After we all ate breakfast, cleaned house & showered, we were off to the library. While there, there was a sign up pointing to a room with it's door opened that read family movie showing @ 3. I glanced quickly & kept walking so we can hurry & return their books & get started on finding new ones. Once we were all done, we headed out. But when I saw this sign again, I stopped & told the kids for us to walk in the theater & check it out. I was literally AMAZED!! The theater is awesome. And so big!! I tried to convince the kids for us to stay & watch 'Aladin' which is what was showing, but the older girls were adamant on heading to the lake. So we came to a compromise & decided that we'll plan to come to the next movie showing which is on the 30th. And they're showing 'Alice In Wonderland.' One of my all time faves!! :D
We headed straight to the lake from there. I'm not exactly sure what this lake is called, but it's only a couple of minutes from my house. And it's BEAUTIFUL!! Today was THEE perfect day to be there. The water wasn't too cold. The sun wasn't too HOTT. The breeze was perfect, both in temperature & in movement. I was so grateful. I packed sandwiches, chips, cookies, & drinks for the kids so we were set. :D We swam, we ate, we played, we laughed. . . . .& most importantly, we spent quality time creating unforgettable memories with each other. I love my kids so much for being such a constant reminder to me that it's always the simple things in life that creates such happiness all around us. And more importantly, all around ME. It's definitely been such a memorable weekend while at the same time, there was no special occasion being celebrated or even any of this being previously planned. Yet we had such an amazing time together. :D And what surprised me the most was having so much fun in the absence of my husband. Even though I know for sure that it would've been much more enjoyable with his presence cause I know he would've went all out & had the bbq going, a canopy up & all that good stuff. . . . .but it was fantastic nonetheless. :D Here's our weekend pics!! Enjoy. . . . .

Having a blast!! :D

So much FUN!! :D










I love them so much!! Each of them are a piece of ME. . .. :D


These two were the first out of the lake!! Lol.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, how fun! We took the kids to watch Harry Potter on Friday night too. They really liked it too. :) Drive Inn's are so fun! Can't wait to take the kids when we get back to Utah. How neat, to have a lake so close by! What a fun weekend. :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I know!! It was so much fun, but seriously EXHAUSTING!! So it was great to relax n just watch church movies ALL day today with the kids!! Hahahaha..... I know you're jealous!! When you get back, I'll definitely let you borrow some of them. Lmbo!!

carolineluvsulysses said...

The kids are so grown and beautiful! girl i cld not do that lol u go girl