BloggerHood

Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Expedition To The West Coast!!


"Our most important & powerful assignments are in the family. They are important because the family has the opportunity at the start of a child's life to put feet firmly on the path home. Parents, brothers & sisters, grandparents, aunts & uncles are made more powerful guides & rescuers by the bonds of love that are the very nature of a family." Pres Henry B. Eyring

Me @ 25 weeks posing for my hubby so he can see how HUGE my stomach's gotten!!

We had the wonderful opportunity of JOURNEY'ing to the bay area for our family reunion. And I carefully chose the word 'JOURNEY' as it is defined in an online dictionary as 'traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time.' Cause it was EXACTLY the ladder. Our road trip there wasn't too bad cause we started driving at a little after two in the morning so the kids were fast asleep. We didn't have to make any bathroom stops at all. We did, however, make our first stop at about 7 am to get some rest before finishing off the last leg of this voyage!! Lol.



We got into the bay at around 2:20 pm & I was so exhausted & fatigued. I really just needed to lay down & take a nap. But there was no time. We immediately got ready for my aunty Kay's funeral services. Her death was a shock to us all. She got into a car accident & passed away from the injuries she sustained. We all mourned the loss of such a beautiful & sweet woman. Yet at the same time were comforted with the knowledge that she's with my uncle again since he's been gone for a very long time. When we returned to our hotel, my sister made a doughnut run to our childhood favorite doughnut shop that our parents used take us to all the time. Rolling Pin doughnuts on San Bruno Ave. It was literally a stroll down memory lane. My parents never made those doughnut runs in the morning. It was always late at night after a dance or a movie.


My 2 HANDSOME boys!!


@ the hotel

Triple Threat!! :D

The next day we attended aunty Kay's burial & then went straight to the church for our family eating. Because the reunion had been planned for months earlier & families were already traveling to & fro to attend, but with the sudden loss of a family member, it changed the events of the reunion. Everything was simplified in order to show respect to our Uncle Billy for the loss of his mother. So we had an eating with the family Friday & then got together on Saturday for another eating & dance. It was so great to be amongst family that I haven't seen in years. And even to have met new ones. We had a blast & the food was ON POINT!!


Half Moon Bay Beach

These two posers!! Lol



Our road trip back took me back to the days of Christopher Columbus. When his traveling was described as an expedition & took months to reach their destination. Well, we've come a long way in transportation, but I swear. . . . .when you're traveling with very young kids & some of them are sick?? It made our journey back seem like an expedition as well. Lol. We had Liana throwing up at the first few stops. Then Savou started the runs & had a tummy ache the whole way. Poor kids. In a perfect world, we would be millionaires with a private jet to accomodate our family needs. But that's in a perfect world. In this world, we road trip it EVERYWHERE!! Hahahaha. . . . .I can't wait for next year's reunion!! It's gonna be here in the 801!! Woo hoo!! I'm looking forward to seeing & meeting more families.



My BEAUTIFUL Aaliyah!! :D

And even though it was a LONG ride back, it all worked out because we were all together. I enjoyed every minute of our family trip & cherish the moments that I got to spend with my family. Cause it's not too often that we get to road trip it out with both my parents & siblings. The quote at the top sums up exactly how I feel about my families both near & far. Whether I see them often or hardly ever. . . . .family will always be family & the love that we share with each other is absolutely PRICELESS. Funny how much your family can lift you up by just loving you. That's exactly how my families in the bay made me feel. Like time froze & everything was exactly as it was the last time I was there with them. Which was about fifteen years ago. Wow!! I miss them already, but seriously can't wait to see them again. :D

P.S.: I have a ton more pics to upload that actually include other family members @ the reunion. It's just that I left my camera on accident @ the hotel when we were @ both eatings so I have to wait & upload from my sister's comp cause she has them all. Coming soon. To be continued. . . . . :D

3 comments:

Kassie said...

Looks like you guys had fun.. Donut place sounds yummy lol.. Cant wait to see the rest of your pics.. sorry about your aunty.. :(

Anonymous said...

You weren't lying about your baby bump. I can't believe how much more you're showing now. I bet this is going to be one big baby! :) You look great though! How fun for you guys to get out of Utah for a bit. It's always so nice being able to take a little vacation! :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanks Kass....it was a great road trip. Sheen, no I wasn't lyin' about my basketball underneath my shirt. Lol. It's why my butt n legs are sleep all the time!! Ugh...