BloggerHood

Sunday, October 25, 2009

'How Firm A Foundation'


1. How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior, who unto the Savior,
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?

2. In ev'ry condition in sickness in health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth;
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

3. Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God & will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, & cause thee to stand,
Up-held by my righteous, up-held by my righteous
Up-help by my righteous, omnipotent hand.


I love this hymn. We opened up our sacrament meeting w/this selection & it never fails. . . .as soon as we get 2 the 3rd verse, my tears are rolling down my face. It's the 3rd verse that helps me get thru the difficult times that life throws my way. A constant reminder that there is always a LIGHT @ the end of the tunnel. We are living in a very challenging time here on earth & I'm so GRATEFUL 2 have the Gospel in my life 2 lead & direct me in paths that I know may be hard 2 follow willingly. I look around me & am very GRATEFUL 4 families & friends who have stuck by me regardless of my weaknesses. And believe me. . . .I am well aware of my weaknesses & it's a constant work in progress. I have been INDULGING myself in the lives of my kids & have found peace & comfort in doing so. The things that seemed so much overlooked have come 2 bring me such JOY. Little & simple things such as the girls greeting me w/hugs & kisses. . . .baby Hoko asking twice daily 2 take showers, even though he's already taken one. . . .Sila asking 2 go outside & ride her bike in the middle of me cleaning the house or working. . . .Lote asking me 2 teach her how 2 save $$ by reading my MONEY BOOKS, as she refers 2 them, with her. . . .Aaliyah asking me 2 teach her how 2 cook so as 2 calm her curiosity & @ the same time learn a new skill. . . .All these things have become PRIORITY 2 me over cleaning the house & working. I hug them a little longer. . . .I stop whatever I'm doing 2 give baby Hoko numerous showers throughout the day as well as taking Sila outside 2 ride her bike. . . .2morrow I'll be starting one of my 'MONEY BOOKS' w/Lote & we'll both take turns reading 2 each other. . . .my mom & I have involved the kids on our activity 2morrow of making our very 1st laundry detergent. And since the girls are off track. . . .I am taking my workouts outdoor 2 our neighborhood park, which is pretty big I might add, & the older girls will be running laps w/me as well doing as much of P90X as they can handle w/me on a daily. . . .& this is all on their own requests as 2 spend more time 2gether w/me everyday while they're home. :D

No amount of words can EXPRESS how much I love being a MOTHER 2 my children. It is the GREATEST joy of my life. I know of no other thing in this world that can bring one GREATER happiness than this. :D For this, I am ETERNALLY grateful 2 a loving Heavenly Father who has, for some unseen reason, entrusted these beings in my hands. I definitely believe in that saying that goes, "Be the kind of person that when someone leaves your company, they leave feeling better about themselves." This is what kind of feelings I want my children 2 have 4 me. :D It's been quite an EMOTIONAL day 2day, but I'm looking 4ward 2 a very BRIGHT future. :D

2 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

You're such a wonderful Mom! Pat yourself on the back girl ...your kids are so luck to be blessed with a mother who knows what her divine roll is and sticks to it 100%+ !!! Always feel uplifted when I read ur words and thoughts...thanks sis! Makes me want to be a little bit better everyday! Love u.

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Aww. . . .you're so sweet!! Believe me. . . .I feel the same way when I read your posts!! :D Love you, too!! :D