BloggerHood

Monday, October 5, 2009

General Conference Weekend

This past weekend we had the privilege 2 listen 2 leaders of the church provide instructions & guidance 4 us 2 be able 2 use in our lives. :D I love this time of year because it always comes @ a much needed time & I'm so grateful 4 being a member of the church & 4 knowing the things that I know.

We woke up bright & early Saturday morning & headed 2 Gemini's football game once we found out that they would be replaying the morning session @ noon. :D As soon as his game was over we headed back home & caught the last part of conference & watched the replay @ noon. It was a pretty long day since we weren't able 2 participate in the 2 hr break. Lol. Nonetheless, I was grateful 4 all the talks that were given.

After that Hoko got ready 2 head 2 Priesthood meeting w/my dad, brother & Solo. :D I hopped on the elyptical 4 a quick workout before Soloi & the kids got 2 our house. It felt GREAT since I was in so much pain 4rom body aches courtesy of Tony Horton. :D Definitely worth it though. :D I made dinner 4 everyone in the house & had it ready 4 the men once they returned. They were all so INSPIRED 4rom PRIESTHOOD meeting. They were talking about the different talks that were given. They're favorite ones & so forth. It was so GREAT 2 see that kind of relationship being shared between these men. Being able 2 know & feel that kind of security 4rom those that hold the priesthood. :D

We watched conference all day yesterday as well & felt very sad once it came 2 a close. It left me looking 4ward so much 4 April 2 hurry up & come so we can receive that spiritual nourishment again. :D Hoko & I were able 2 discuss some of the talks & were INSPIRED as 2 what needs 2 be done in each of our individual futures as well as 4 our family as a WHOLE. I'm so so EXCITED 2 get started on these goals & am very grateful 4 these divine inspirations as well as modern revelations that we're able 2 take advantage of 2 get ahead in life. :D I am very happy 2 announce that Hoko will be going back 2 school. :D Woo hoo!! That was INSPIRED by Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood meeting. This is a HUGE stepping stone in the RIGHT direction & one that will be difficult, but well worth it. We realize the blessings that come 4rom a more ENLIGHTENED mind & I've never pushed the subject on Hoko cause he's always been discouraged when even thinking about the possibility. So I'm so PROUD & GRATEFUL 2 him 4 knowing what he should do & stepping out on faith 2 get it done. He'll probably be enrolling Spring semester @ SLCC. :D

We have set some very important goals 4 our family 2 achieve & are looking 4ward 2 working our way 2wards it. We are DETERMINED 2 do as Elder Bednar counseled & 2 be consistent in what we do. Things such as FHE, individual/family prayer, individual/family scripture study, expressing love 2 one another in the sanctity of our own homes, going 2 the temple often & so forth. . . . .As our children continue 2 grow, they remind me on a daily basis of the love our Father in Heaven has 4 each & everyone of us. They keep Hoko & I striving 2 be better & striving 2 be obedient 2 the teachings of Christ. I have a testimony of this gospel. I have a testimony that the Father & the Son appeared 2 the boy, Joseph, in the sacred grove & that the gospel was, again, restored 2 the earth. I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. "The Book of Mormon is the work of God, for no wicked man could write such a book as this, & no good man would write it, unless it were true & he were commanded of God to do so." I have a testimony of living prophets in our day & know w/out a doubt that Pres Thomas S. Monson is called of God. He holds all the keys & we are blessed because of it. I have a testimony that this is the one & only true church on the face of this earth. God the Father & Jesus Christ live. Families can be forever if we live up to every covenant we've made in the temple. I believe all these things 2 be true. This is my testimony that I'd like 2 leave w/you all in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Tina Tuakoi said...

Couldn't agree more! Conference was perfect! :)