BloggerHood

Friday, November 7, 2008

THE FAMILY: A PROCLAMATION TO THE WORLD

"We, the First Presidency & the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man & a woman is ordained of God & that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.  
All human beings - male & female - are created in the image of God.  Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature & destiny.  Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, & eternal identity & purpose. "

I was very happy when I heard that Proposition 8 was passed in Ca.  I have no ill feelings for how anyone chooses to live their lives, but I honestly believe that marriage is ordained of God between a man & a woman.  I stand firmly behind the First Presidency of the Church & am united as one in this belief.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never realized how serious this issue was until today! That's how out of touch with this world I've been lately! hahaha I need to go see my husband and get my mind straight!hahahahaha Love the blog sis! :D

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thanks. :D I love that we have our First Presidency of the church that has been able to lead & direct us in these things. I'm very grateful for a living prophet in our day. I don't know where I'd be without them. :D