BloggerHood

Monday, November 3, 2008

Special Game For #44




This game was an especially special game for the team.  Number 44 is Tonga Kaufusi.  His mom passed away last week.  She was only 26 yrs old.  She went to sleep the night before & never woke up the next morning.  We were all shocked & touched by his appearance @ the game.  His father came out to support as well, along with their family members from all around.  Balloons were released @ the end of the game in memory of Martha Kaufusi.  Whose life was short lived here on earth, but whose memory will live on in those who knew her.  I personally, only knew her as Tonga's mom.  #1 supporter of her son.  She was @ all his games side by side with her husband cheering on their #44.  

5 comments:

Line said...

Wow, what a touching story. It makes me so sad whenever I hear of young children losing a parent.

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Isn't it?? We were so sad when it happened. And her youngest is only 5 months old. Her husband is good friends with mine. So sad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona! Can I just tell you that this post was so touching! She was a friend of mine... We went to school together. I was extremely shocked when I saw her obituary. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Kassie said...

Awwww, I grew up with Martha! She was such a sweetheart and I am so sad that she passed. I was cutting out the obituary of my Uncle Tony and I came across hers. It's so sad, thanks for the post.. it's so sweet.. What a strong family

Janice Maez-Ripley said...

I just would like to thank the person who did this for my sister. Martha was such a sweet spirit and brought light in people's life. She will be graetly missed especially from her kids. I loved her so much and think of her every single day of my life. She was a great example to me and I will never forget that about her. She love the Lord and was so close to the gospel. I know that she is in heaven with my father preparing our eternal home. And some day I will return to see them again. Because families are forever. Every time I think of my pain, it comforts me to know that my pain is nothing compared to the Savior pain. I have a strong tetimony of the trthfulness of this great gospel and church, and greatful to Joseph Smith to bring it to the earth. On Behalf of the Maez and Kaufusi Families we thank you and love you people for such love for Martha. Martha I miss you so much love jan