BloggerHood

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CHANGE HAS DEFINITELY COME TO AMERICA. . . .

Barack Obama, a 47 yr old first-term senator from Illinois, shattered more than 200 years of history Tuesday night by winning election as the first African-American president of the United States.

A crowd of 125,000 people jammed Grant Park in Chicago, where Obama addressed the nation for the first time as its president-elect at midnight ET.  Hundreds of thousands more -- Mayor Richard Daley said he would not be surprised if a million Chicagoans jammed the streets -- watched on a large television screen outside the park.

"If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of democracy, tonight is your answer," Obama declared.

"Young & old, rich & poor, Democrat & Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled & not disabled, Americans have sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of red states & blue states," he said.  "We have been & always will be the United States Of America.

"It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America," he said to a long roar.


This is a part of an article on MSN news this morning that I thought hit it right on the nail.  Our new president-elect.  I am definitely proud to be an American right now.  I'm so excited to be living at a time like this.  History was made last night as Americans made it very clear who they wanted as their next president.  The FIRST African-American president.  What a proud moment in time this is.  I love & support our new president-elect.  Mr. Barack Obama himself. . . . . "O'er the land of the free & the home of the brave" 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm singing.. "I Am Proud To Be An American".. loud ang proud right now! hahahaha If I had a flag, I would be waving it too!hahaha Love everything you wrote! :)

Line said...

He gave such a good speech last night. He's got a heavy burden on his shoulders as the first black President of the U.S., but I think he's sincere in wanting to do well for our country. It's crazy, but I actually felt the spirit when I was watching his speech. :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

It is crazy cause me & my mom were in tears because we felt the spirit so strongly during his speech. I loved it!! :D He really does have a heavy burden on his shoulders. I'm really happy that a lot more of the younger generation are more involved because of this historic event!! It's great to be an American right now.