BloggerHood

Friday, October 17, 2008





Here are some pics from our boating trip in Frisco, Co. We had such a great time. It was so peaceful & the kids had so much fun!! Since this was a first for our WHOLE family!! It brought us so much closer together. Especially me & my girls. I have changed a lot of my ways in order to better see what they need from me. Emotionally, that is. I LOVE IT!! They confide in me about everything. Secret crushes @ the age of 7 & 6. It's hillarious!! And they've tried to make me promise not to tell their dad. LOL!! But they know that their father & I are ONE & one of us can't know something without sharing it with the other.

I started realizing something just recently. That I better start really working hard on my relationship with my kids so that they know that I'm here for them no matter what & in every aspect of their lives. I want to be the best friend to them that they have throughout their lives without having to feel the emptiness of it & searching for it out in the world. I want them to know that HOME is their refuge where they can forget about the WORLD & just be secure in our LOVE for them. So that when times DO get hard for them. . . .they have that SECURITY to carry them through the hard times. Things like peer pressure & so forth. It's definitely scary times right now & I just want my kids to have a STRONG FOUNDATION upon which I know 'FAMILY' is the heart of.

Children are our FUTURE & I'm so excited to watch them grow. A lot of times when life gets so hectic & stressful, it seems the remedy to it is to just 'become as a child' & just let loose & enjoy being in the moment. I try very hard to remember that by having slumber parties & one on one dates with my kids. It's the best!! They're TRULY inspirations & continue to be so. . . . .these were just my thoughts for the past couple of days.

No comments: