BloggerHood

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sila's Baptism

Hoko just left back to work for what is usually his two week rotation, but because he had to come home early for Pa's funeral, he's staying in North Dakota during his week off, which means he'll be gone for five weeks instead. Boooo!! I'm already missing him so much. But I'm so grateful to this man for all his hard work and sacrifice in providing for our big 'ol family of NINE!! 

Anyways, that's why I'm up super early!! So I thought I might as well get a post in while I can. 

We had the wonderful opportunity to celebrate our beautiful daughter's baptism yesterday. Sila made the very important decision in her life to have all of her sins washed away and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are definitely some proud parents and humbled immensely because of her example. 


We had Aaliyah give the talk on baptism, Lote spoke on confirmation, and all three older girls sang a special musical number as well. It was beautifully imperfect in so many ways, but it's what made it uniquely perfect for our family. 

Hoko baptized and confirmed Sila. His confirmation blessing was beautiful and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. I married an amazing man whose love for his kids and I only grows with time.  I'm so happy I'm married to this wonderful priesthood holder. He has so many weaknesses as do I, but we draw strength from The Lord and are grateful that we are given the chance to keep trying through daily repentance. 




Cracking up in this pic above cause we were trying to get a pic of just Hoko and I with Sila and Jordan runs up on queue, turns around, poses and says CHEEEEESE!! Lol. It was priceless!! 




Our awesome home teachers came. We're so grateful and blessed to be in an amazing ward. 


And then it was time to go eat. 



And when all is said and done, I'm so grateful for my husband and kids. They are everything to me and through them, I'm able to continue striving to be worthy of exaltation. I love this journey here on earth because they are with me. They make every day worth trying to be better and striving for eternity. I love them so much and am filled with overwhelming gratitude for their very existence in my life. 



No comments: