BloggerHood

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Science Fair


Aaliyah had her science fair tonight. And she was so relieved once it was over because she's been stressing about it since Dec. Lol. I was so not like that growing up. Thank goodness she's the opposite of me in that aspect. But she's so like me when it comes to procrastinating. As in, we went and got everything for her board last night and printed out the last of her stuff as well. Hoi. She could've done so much better if she didn't procrastinate it, but I feel like I could've made sure she did better if I made sure she got it done sooner. Hoi. Another thing to add to the long list of things I need to be better at. 

I just hate when my kids turn in their work halfhearted all because they procrastinated. And she still got the 'EXCELLENT' award in her category. So I know she would've blew it out of the water had she been more on top of it. But it's ok. Live and learn and we'll definitely do our best next year. 


Her teacher came and spoke to me after the ceremony was done. She said how impressed she was with Aaliyah when she had to present her board to the judges. She said that she was so professional and mature. That she impressed them so much with her demeanor. I was like, really?? Lol. Nah, I know Aaliyah is wise beyond her years and I'm even guilty of forgetting how old she really is and expecting too much of her. But I've really toned it down and I am always reminding myself her age and what's appropriate for her. 

We stayed after the ceremony and helped clean up and then headed home to finally wind down for the night. It's been a really busy day that I'll have to blog about on another night. With that said, I'm signing out. 


No comments: