BloggerHood

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zumbatomic!! :D


So I've been commuting 2 Bountiful every chance I get 2 join Teresa Auva'a in her zumba class which she instructs. She's is. . . .HANDS DOWN. . . .the best!! No lie. No exaggerations necessary!! Since my 1st experience in her class, she has proven time & time again, what an AMAZING dancer/choreographer/fitness instructor she is. :D 4 if this wasn't so. . . .I wouldn't make the 45 min commute 2 be in her class. Unfortunately, I've been unable 2 attend 4 the past couple of weeks, but I'm happy 2 report that I will be back in attendance this Wed night 4 her Hip Hop class. :D Woo hoo!! I love it!! I'm so EXCITED!! :D

The title of this post?? ZUMBATOMIC!! It's the name of the zumba class designed especially 4 kids that she has just started & I will be taking my girls down 4 the class on Fridays & hopefully on Mondays as well. We've been quite busy w/our everyday life as well as the upcoming wedding of my brother, but I, too, share Teresa's passion in incorporating a healthy lifestyle 4 our children. They are our future. Enough said. This was her post this past Sunday. Hope you don't mind, Teresa. I think it's so important 2 spread the word on such an important matter. :D

Getting our kids active!!!

From the Surgeon General's Office: The Childhood Overweight and Obesity Prevention initiative reports: "To date more than 12.5 million children and adolescents are overweight."
The number of overweight children has more than tripled over the past three decades. This is heartbreaking to me!

As they grow older, overweight, children and adolescents are more likely to have risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes. They may also experience immediate consequences and be at increased risk for chronic health problems in adulthood such as...asthma, psychological effect of social stigmatization, sleep apnea etc.

I share some of this with you because I am passionate about a healthy future for everyone!
To ensure a healthy future for America's children, we must take preventative measure such as:
HELP KIDS STAY ACTIVE
ENCOURAGE HEALTHY EATING HABITS
PROMOTE HEALTHY CHOICES
Check out other preventative measures here.

I am determined to help with this in any way I can and hope you will join me and spread the word in your community as well.
ZUMBATOMIC is one great way!!
In addition to avoiding adult disease due to overweight and obesity issues, exercise also has many other benefits for children. Children regardless if they have weight issues, should partake in some form of healthy exercise.

The goal of Zumbatomic is to develop a healthy lifestyle to incorporate fitness as a natural part of children's lives, not just a class they attend once a week. While exercise is very important in childhood development, Zumbatomic also considers the whole child. Developing a healthy lifestyle including learning:
Leadership, Teamwork, Respect, Pride, Confidence and Responsibility along with Coordination, Balance, Discipline, Memory and Creativity.

So take the challenge this week to get your kids more active and hopefully I will see them in Zumbatomic.
Lil Starz ages 4-7 Wednesdays from 4:00-4:45pm
Big Starz ages 8-12 Monday and Friday from 4:00-4:55pm
Expressions Dance 3221 S. Highway 89 Bountiful UT
$5 per child per class or $40 punch pass for 10 classes.

I am thrilled to be ushering in Zumbatomic to our community as one of the 1st instructors. I hope to get the word out to our schools and other parents as we encourage children to live healthy lifestyles!
Zumbalove!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She really is the best! I plan on taking Mele to the Zumbatomic too! I can't wait! Teresa is the best! :)