BloggerHood

Monday, April 5, 2010

Inspiration Filled Weekend. . . . .




We are just coming off of General Conference, which I must say is one of my most favorite weekends of the year. :D The other, of course, being in October. :D This year, it landed on Easter Sunday. One of my most favorite holidays of the year. A time in our lives where we're able 2 reflect on the Savior & his atoning sacrifice so that we'd be able 2 return 2 father in heaven again. The messages shared as well as instructions given during this conference was so much needed. As are all conferences. I noticed many messages shared were targeted directly to us. PARENTS. And oh how grateful I was. Some to individual roles of mothers. Others to individual roles of the fathers & priesthood holders in the home. It was amazing. :D One that has left me feeling very safe & very optimistic as I look towards the future. It is helping me to stand FIRM & IMMOVABLE in a world that is filled with flakiness, disloyalty, heartache, etc. . . .It is in these times that I am ever so THANKFUL 4 the atoning sacrifice that our dear Lord & Savior made 4 us that we may be able 2 repent of our sins & have the chance 2 return back 2 father in heaven, if we so choose. I pray 4 my children daily & am learning 2 pray 4 all of our brothers & sisters. Not just the ones in the gospel, but every single one of them as a whole. President Uchtdorf spoke of love. Loving all of our brothers & sisters in the gospel as well as those that are without. He spoke of having the pure love of Christ. And I believe that our lives can only be made better by following his counsel. :D

We were able 2 make our way downtown, as we do every year, for the 2nd session. We found a spot on the Temple Square grounds & listened 2 the speakers. During the last half hour, the kids were a bit restless so we got up & took a walk around the square. :D We never tire of the beauty Temple Square has 2 offer. You can really see the Lord's hand in intricate work of temples. :D Leaves me speechless. All in all. . . .we had a wonderful conference weekend & look 4ward 2 next month's Ensign that will be filled w/the talks given this past weekend. :D

No comments: