BloggerHood

Monday, April 12, 2010

When The Storm Hits. . . . . . .


This past weekend was quite different 4rom all of our other weekends. And yet while I'm writing this, I'm thinking about how every weekend is pretty much an adventure in our home. With some adventures better off 4gotten & left un-shared. Lol. With half a dozen kids 2 keep up with, a husband, a dog, a calling, siblings 2 stay connected with, friends who are loyal & have been since the beginning, visiting teaching, health & fitness, dinner 2 stay on top of, summer term registration & I swear this list is never ending. . . . .Yet in all the CHAOS of life, it's nice 2 simmer down on the 7th day of every week, gather 2gether as family (which in this case, I'm only talking about immediate immediate family ie. husband, wife & kids) @ a place of worship & be reminded of the true meaning of life & what matters most. :D

As I was starting 2 explain in the beginning of this post, this past weekend we were asked 4rom our stake presidency 2 fast as a stake 4rom 5 pm Saturday to 5 pm Sunday. Bishoprics & Branch Presidencies were 2 decide how they wanted their individual wards/branches 2 handle it. Whether we were 2 have dinner 2gether on Saturday & then start our fast or have dinner Sunday 2 break our fast 2gether or if families were going 2 just fast on their own. Our branch presidency decided that we would gather 2gether @ our chapel on Sunday @ 5 pm 2 break our fast 2gether. We were 2 take it 2 the Lord in prayer. We were fasting because as of the last week of April, our stake center is undergoing a very vigorous renovation. After the renovation, only single wards will be utilizing the building. So in other words, we are left stake center'd-less. If that makes any sense. We were asked as members in our stake 2 fast 4 an answer 2 our prayers in receiving a stake center. The plea 4rom our stake presidency was so URGENT & really brought me 2 tears. As my husband & I were driving 2 pick up our kids 4rom the 'sitter, we were talking about the fireside that had just taken place. I told my husband my thoughts. My worries, would probably better describe my feelings. I asked him if he thought that maybe a lot of our people in our stake were falling behind. If maybe they weren't as faithful & getting through this life as we are supposed 2 be. If there were many that have fallen 4 the things of the world & not holding steadfast 2 the 'iron rod.' It brought tears 2 my eyes & an ache in my heart 4 all of those that haven't quite grasped the full importance of there not being much time in this life. How temporary this life is when you can see things in an eternal perspective. The mere fact that if we aren't sealed as families & death comes upon us, that's it!! End of the road 4 us. The sealing power here on earth holds no family 2gether that hasn't put it into use within the holy walls of temples.

I know I'm totally coming off all serious & weighty, but it's my love 4 PEOPLE that brings the heartache & the never ending worry. Our Sunday School teacher worded it perfectly as we were discussing the story of Joseph in the Old Testament that was sold into Egypt. He explained that when the storm in our lives hit, the bigger the waves & the more buried under it all we may feel. . . . .2 remember that the Lord is sending those waves 2 carry & push us 2wards the celestial kingdom. If we are able 2 recognize & know w/full surety of our hearts that no matter the size of the TRIAL. . . . .2 always remember the BLESSING(s) will always be equal 2 it. Because of opposition. . . .where everything has 2 have it's opposite. Good & evil, right & wrong, active & inactive, happy & sad, thick & thin. . . . .no matter what it may be. Everything in this world has its equal opposite. So the thing 2 remember when going thru life's endless trials & tribulations is this: That is there is a definitely LIGHT @ the end of the tunnel. That the SUN always comes out after the storm 2 restore warmth & peace. With that said. . . . .I will continue 2 keep a constant prayer in my heart 4 our stake & ask that you do the same. :D Hope your Monday is as REFRESHING as you deserve it 2 be. :D

No comments: