BloggerHood

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1Nephi 6:5

'Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God & unto those who are not of the world.'

I've never been one that has ever really just gone along w/the majority if I knew in my heart that it wasn't right. The gospel plays a BIG role in the person that I have become 2day & whom I continue 2 strive 2 become everyday. It really does amaze me when people share things online that maybe is more appropriate in their personal journal(s). I state this only because KARMA is very REAL & you can't intentionally hurt someone w/out facing consequences 4 such actions.

I'm sitting in bed & I've started reading the Book Of Mormon again. Inspiration brought about by General Conference. Guidance & instruction given by Elder Bednar 2 read the Book of Mormon & teach 4rom it. And I came across 1Nephi 6:5. It immediately humbled me & has brought a sense of overflowing gratitude 4 this wonderful book filled w/endless teachings that I may be able 2 be comforted by such verses as this. I've run into a couple of situations where people that I was once very close 2, have written about me online & have publicly stated their feelings 2wards me. Everyone has a right 2 their feelings & opinions & I respect that. But what gets me is the fact that none of these people ever tried approaching me personally 1st. I mean, seriously. . . . .isn't there a common sense type of mutual respect where people who are supposed 2 be your friend & have a problem w/you come 2 you 1st?? I guess I just answered my own question. There are those that ARE your friends & then those that fall into the SUPPOSED to be your friend category. Crazy the experiences that life puts us through. Definitely 4 our own good, but it definitely sucks 2 be the one going thru it sometimes. But when all is said & done. . . . . .I do believe that I can honestly say that I have a clear conscience & I feel no guilt @ all.

This in no way is anything that's going on in my life right now. But it has happened 2 me in the past & when I came across this scripture, it brought these memories 2 the surface. I've come 2 be very grateful 4 all the experiences that I've gone through because it has taught me a very important lesson. And that is: To look 4 the blessing(s) in disguise in every situation/experience. Cause it never fails that there is always one 2 be found. The challenge is on our part in finding what it is. :D And believe me. . . . .sometimes finding it is the easy part. It's taking that next step in deciding what you're going 2 do with what you've now found. :D Lol. Sometimes easier said than done. I just wanted 2 share my thoughts & feelings I got when I came across this scripture. So not trying 2 get all personal w/you all. Lol.

5 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Thank you for that reminder of that beautful scripture...I have too been through situations like what you've said, where others have made false accusations or false judgements about me...and it hurts, but like you said...it's the way we react! We really do have the ability to find the 'GOOD' in EVERY situation!

I love you Fiona...you are a strength to me, as a mother, and friend...even though our friendship has for the most part been only on the computer and thru text...LOL...I love you girl!

It's too bad for those who accused or hurt you...because they are really missing out on a wonderful friend! =)

(but I'm sure by now....they've figured that out! LOL!)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I'm glad you can relate. I know that the majority of people have gone thru situations like this or ones similar 2 it. I am grateful 4 the relationship we've been able 2 have & know that if our lives weren't so busy w/family & callings we'd be able 2 find more time 2 just hang out. :D I guess those days will wait til our half dozens have all grown up & don't need us so much anymore. :D Love ya Marie!! :D

Line said...

Thanks for the reminder of that scripture. It definitely put blogging (i.e. the topics I choose to write about, what I write about, etc.) into perspective. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. LOVE that pic of your family at the top of the page. You guys are all matching so CUTELY! :)

alexis said...

hey fiona, of COURSE i remember your. :) your kids are so beautiful. thanks for commenting on my blog, i loved reading what you had to say!

Soakai Fam said...

I love yout testimony Fiona. Thank you for sharing cousin. Love you guys.