BloggerHood

Friday, April 6, 2012

Newest Obsession

So I've come to terms with the fact that I absolutely suck at keeping up with my blog. I mean, come on. . .my last post was last year and we're already well on our way to the halfway mark of 2012. Wow! Where has the time gone?

Anyways, I'm here to talk about my newest obsession. I have too many to count so I figured my newest one is a pretty good place to start.

C.U.P.C.A.K.E.S

Never in my life have I e
ver been a fan of these little suckers, but moving to Ogden and discovering this place

has changed all that. Hands down thee best cupcakes you will ever eat in your life! We're pretty much regulars at this place and they're pretty pricey. So my #frugal# intuition has taken over and convinced my #whocaresabouttheprice# personality that I need to try my hand at making these lil suckers at home so we can stop wasting money on something that's only adding to our waistlines. Blahhh...and yet, since my discovery of this piece of heaven on earth, I can't imagine my life without cupcakes. Wow! Totally having a #fat# moment right now. I'm a little particular about the way I make things...ok ok I'm VERY particular about the way I make things especially when it comes to food. One of the many AMAZING things about the cupcakes that come from the Vintage Cupcake shop is the way she makes her frosting. None of that canned stuff or even whipped. It's seriously the creamiest, exploding with taste frosting you will ever taste. That is, of course, if my practicing ever pays off and I can re-create these absolute beauties. So far it's been a total fail, but no worries. I'm making time to keep on keepin' on, while secretly hoping Hoko gets it and buys me a Kitchenaid/Bosch mixer soon. Never give up, right?

I've come to a place in my life where I live my life everyday doing whatever makes me HAPPY. If that means not working out all week, but still watching what I eat then that's what's going to happen. If it means stacking up so many projects and not getting to a single one today because all I have time for are my kids, then I'm more than content with that. And if I've done nothing, but make cupcakes and frosting all day and still not have worked out, then guess what?? I'm still absolutely HAPPY with that. :D

Here's to my newest obsession and more posts to come since I finally put the app on my phone. Lol. Enjoy...

No comments: