BloggerHood

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sacrifices. . . .

We've been making a lot of sacrifices lately in order to continue on this journey that we're on in getting ourselves to where we need to be. One of them being that our two youngest boys spend three to four nights a week with my parents because I have school. We originally planned that I would enroll them in the daycare here at Weber, but when I went to do so, they were FULL. :( Some weeks are better than others & on the ones that aren't so good, we spend the week commuting back & forth from Salt Lake to Ogden just so we can be together with our boys as much as we can. It's bad enough that Hoko works out of state, but to have to be away from ME, too. That just kills me. We spent the weekend at my parents place & headed back home Sunday night. I brought the boys home with me & then took them back Monday & spent a couple of hours with them there before heading back to Ogden to pick up the girls from school. So they've been there since Monday & have been asking my mom when they'll be coming back home to me since yesterday. :( I talk to them everyday & can't wait to pick them up tomorrow. I love them so much & am so EXCITED for them to welcome a new member to their club of boys/brothers. :D


Our two handsome boys!! Soon to be THREE!! :D


This past week, I've been feeling under the weather. I knew immediately that I was coming down with the flu. I just kept hoping & praying that it wouldn't get as bad as it has been the past couple of times that I've gotten it. And I honestly thought that it was, but am so grateful that I've actually been starting to feel better today. I had my doctor's appt this morning to see how everything's coming along. I've now reached 36 weeks & am anxious for our son's arrival. :D I'm still dilated to a two, but my doctor said that he's moved down a lot so that's a good sign. I can't wait for him to make his debut. And even though I really wanted another girl, I know we're getting what we're supposed to be getting & I'm so thankful. Hoko's even more excited!! He's been saying it was another boy from the get go. And I guess it's a good thing. Evens out the playing field in our home. A little. Lol.

I have my first exam next week in one of my classes & am relieved that this bug isn't sticking around long. My professor's holding study sessions during the weekend & I plan to attend. It's been kinda crazy since the semester started cause it's so packed on campus. I'm not used to that cause it wasn't like that when I started in the spring & then summer was even more empty. But I know that as soon as I have baby, everything will work out. Not being limited physically makes a big difference. And oh how I'm looking forward to putting my Vibram's to use once I give birth. They're my new running/fitness shoes. My sister inlaw, Taeao, has had a pair for over a year now & I've always wanted one cause they are so lightweight. Well, I finally got my pair & have already started to break 'em in. :D


My new Vibram's that I'm in love with :D

But I am constantly amazed at how much strength I draw from my kids. I can only imagine if I wasn't a parent yet. I wouldn't have a BIGGER reason for pushing myself more. I don't think 'I' would be enough of a motivation to do more. But kids are so innocent. They bring out the best in us in just their pure innocence & love for the simple things in life. It never ceases to amaze me how much they can just enjoy playing made up games with each other & find the most joy in those things. :D


Our six blessings @ stake conference two Sundays ago :D


We've made the decision for baby #7 to be our last one. My health hasn't been doing so well with the more pregnancies it endures. And I honestly feel that we've been abundantly blessed. It's time now to focus on our future with all seven children that we've brought into this world & especially ZONE in on how we're gonna be supporting them. Lol. I love my life & can't imagine it any other way. Even with the trials & tribulations that we've gone through. . . . .they've seriously only made us stronger & able to progress further in our lives.

2 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

so you're getting into barefoot running huh? i've been doing it for a year and its ended pretty badly for me. because they dont have any arch support, i've torn a ligament, and had to buy new shoes again, ones with support. my advice would be to go to a proper shoe place and have them look at your foot to see if barefoot running is ok for you, or else you'll end up doing some serious damage like i did. most tongans have super flat feet, and if you do then they're fine coz you guys dont have arches lol
how you cope with that many children and things to do is beyond me.....

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Yeah, I have flat feet. Barely an arch so I hope I'm good. How I cope with this many children & everything else in life is beyond me, too. Lol