BloggerHood

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I MISS YOU



I dropped Hoko to the airport Tuesday morning & he's all I've been thinking about since. I had to forcefully push him outta my mind for a couple of hours that day so I could get my homework done. We had such a great holiday weekend that he was able to fly in for & I did NOT want it to end. While I was laying in his arms the night before he left, I couldn't hold my tears back & Hoko could feel them running down his arm & he pulled me in closer. With all the tragedies that have been going on lately, the thought that kept creeping into my mind were what if something happened to me when I'm in labor with the baby? What if I don't recover & for some reason complications surface & my life is cut short? I'm not afraid to die. But to die so young? I understand that we're all gonna go through this process in our lives sooner or later, but I kept thinking of Hoko & the kids. All these things were running through my mind & I found myself wondering if this 'being apart' thing was really worth it or if we needed to seriously re-assess our goals for our future. I prayed for guidance & comfort. I didn't want to be making decisions based on fear. It wasn't too long before Savou came trotting into our room with his only care in the world being that he needed help climbing up onto our bed & for Hoko to get his arm off of me & go sleep in his (Savou's) room. Lol. That put a smile on my face & I quickly fell asleep.

When we got up the next morning to head out the door & take Hoko to the airport, I felt reassured that for the time being, we were doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing. Nevertheless, it was the shortest drive of my life, mind you, we do live a good 30-40 min from the airport. But I dreaded every exit & city we passed by that brought us closer & closer to our destination. :( When he got out, we took a quick pix, he gave the boys a kiss cause the girls weren't able to come cause they had school, & then he was off. But while we embraced before he left, it hit me that he was returning to South Carolina by himself. He no longer had Norman with him & I felt even more sad. I told him so & he immediately agreed & was a little down, but we kissed & he was off. I was busy running around all day, but I really needed to spend some time with someone that knew how I felt so I can just share my sorrows with. I text my sis in-law, Sheena, to see if she was available to meet up for breakfast before I headed back to Ogden. Thank goodness she was. :D I felt comforted by being able to just talk about it, amongst other things that we go through as wives with husbands that work out of state for months at a time.

Savou giving his dad kisses in his sleep
Not too happy about his dad leaving. . .

Awww. . . .I miss him :(

By the time I headed back to Ogden, it was time for me to pick up Sila from school & take her to her audiology appointment. I quietly prayed that everything would work out & that Sila's hearing had improved. Last year around this time, she saw the audiologist & was diagnosed with being borderline moderate to severe hearing loss. Well, I'm happy to report that she's grown out of it & her hearing is back to normal. :D YAY!! :D She's well into her kindergarten year & loves it!! I called the office yesterday morning to excuse her from school because she has a really bad cough, along with her older sister, Lote, & the office secretary was saying, awww. . .my granddaughter's gonna be so sad cause she's in Sila's class & loves her. :D Sila is friends with EVERYONE!! She is such a social butterfly & it worried me a little before, but her teacher says it hasn't been a problem. She doesn't talk when she's not supposed to & is very polite. PHEW. . . . .




We're back to our regular routine of school, doctor's appointments, church, dance practices, potty training & so on. . . . .I miss Hoko more & more everyday, but I honestly believe that distance truly does make the heart grow fonder. I cherish EVERY min/sec when Hoko's home with us on his brief visits & am more patient & able to see his good traits over the annoying ones. Most of the time, at least. Lol. I love him for all that he is!! I don't take for granted anymore the silly little annoyances that used to be looked at underneath a microscope. Instead, I choose to revel in his love for me & ongoing strife to be better. Cause I'm far from perfect myself. I love him so much & hope & pray that my sons gain the hard work & humble nobility of this man. :D

No comments: